Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

One roasted ricer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Default RE: One roasted ricer!

My daily driver is an 01' Corvette with the A4 automatic and my weekend warrior, is a 90' Nissan 240sx with the japanese front end conversion and a 95' 2.0litre turbo motor from a newer generation 240sx from Japan. With a front mount intercooler, Intake, and 3" exhaust system, i'm hitting about 210rwhp on a 2600lb car. Granted, it doesn't have the grunt of my LS1, but the car is a blast to drive, and hits up to it's speed governor of 140mph super easy. Boost comes on strong at 2800rpms and pulls all the way to redline(7500). Granted, I wouldn't trade it for my Vette, but it's a mustang killer just with stock boost and less then half the displacement. The internals are good till 350rwhp before you need to start beefing her up, and with the right turbo, you can still reach boost at a reasonable RPM range. At the 1/8th mile track here in San Diego, my friend's 240sx with the older version of my engine but same mods was consistently keeping pace or beating C5's. If it had been a 1/4 track I'd give the nod to the Vette, but our little 2.0litres do pretty damn good considering.

Of course I know there's no replacement for displacement, and am selling the 240sx and replacing it with a third generation RX-7 and doing an LSX engine conversion for it. But I will miss the boost of a 4cyl.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:01 PM

I dont yet have a Corvette but i do have a car that enjoys beating ricers (not that all of them are bad) I just can't stand it when someone takes a stock civic or neon and put a cold air intake and fart can on it then thinks its fast. My 560sel Mercedes may look slow but it has put a sad face on many civic and neon owners. Even my 300sdl diesel has done it b4 now that is just plain sad. 4000lb car with 148hp but thats the beauty of Torque. Just my two cents.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:11 PM

Look. . .

I have had my 1985 Greenwood vette since 1988 and have had loads of fun with impromptu races on the highway etc. I've beaten many different types of cars and many different types of cars have beaten me. What is the big deal anyway? Why is it that Vette guys and Mustang guys revel in beating anyone they can at any given time. I want you all to know that it makes you look stupid especially when your girl is around; oh no! she's not gonna tell YOU that but that is what she is thinking " he's such a child" is commonly heard.

Oh and the wings??? If someone wants to put a wing on their car, leave them alone about it. . . I think it really boils down to the fact that there are people who really DO want to put a wing on their car, but they don't have the ***** to do it. They're worried about what their friends will say or how others will look at them. That smacks of insecurity. . . And you know what they say about Vette owners and insecurity. Big Tires, Big Engine, Big Sound, Big Ego, Little DIIIC. . . maybe there's some truth to it.

Most of the time, the guys with the imports are younger and don't have the deep pockets that it takes to own a Vette. I said MOST OF THE TIME, read carefully. . . do you want to fault a young 19 or 21 year old kid who is not making much money and wants his car to look "cool".? What do you want him to do. . . save every penny he has until he can afford a 20,000 car, and then go out and try to mod it up? Get real. . .and grow up! Not everybody can be as cool as you, and we all know that you are just the coolest.

What is most important is that the person driving the car actually likes his car no matter what. If he puts on a big wing, maybe it's because he likes the way it looks.

Another thing. . . can we stop with the "fart can" business. . . you sound like a bunch of kids.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 AM

It seems there's a lot of pent up aggression here between the owners of import and domestic vehicles.
It doesn't serve us to hurt each other's feelings when we are all just people who love different things.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:23 PM

Absolutely right, Dr. Phil. The way to get rid of all that pent-up aggression in a mature, constructive, adult manner is to take it to the track; where our American iron can stomp those worthless little foreign buzzbombs beneath the bootheels of our large displacement V8s and traction bars, showing those unworthy, scheming little snots who deign to pollute America's roadways with their unworthy foreign tin just what pathetic and hopeless losers they all are.

It is also a good idea to bet money, large sums of money I would say, on each and every race, so that we take away any loose cash these poorly educated (who else would by such cars?) unintelligent (ditto - oh excuse me, that's another guy on the air, isn't it?) lower-caste members of our socieity have, thus making sure they will not waste it on turbos and fart-mufflers for their pathetic little, inadequate cars, which we know are just psychological substitutes because they all know they have pathetic, little, inadequate private parts.

By the way, Dr. Phil. What do you drive?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

RRROWWWW.......PFT.....PFT......!!!!
I SENSE A "LITTLE KITTY" HOSTILITY HERE!!!
Fart Cans? Yup, they're Fart Cans!!!
You can't beat the sound of a HEAVY BREATHIN', FLAME THROWIN', BIG BLOCK,

CHEVY V-8
[sm=gears.gif]

And as far as price, I'm into the "Starship" about 9gs, so that $20,000 don't fly.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: DrPhil

It seems there's a lot of pent up aggression here between the owners of import and domestic vehicles.
It doesn't serve us to hurt each other's feelings when we are all just people who love different things.
All of a sudden I have a strong urge to find a bunny in a dewy meadow and give it some rubs.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

All of a sudden I have a strong urge to find a bunny in a dewy meadow and give it some rubs.
Ya, rubs of butter, garlic and BB-Q sause!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Ya, rubs of butter, garlic and BB-Q sause!!!
Mmmmmmm, BBQ. GREAT! Now I'm hungry, bro!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Well, you're the one with the bunny!!!

Quick Reply: One roasted ricer!