Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

One roasted ricer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: One roasted ricer!

Ya, the EPA really sucked the power out of our babies. Detroit is starting to get it back together, 500+ hp for a '06 Vette. I live in one of only two counties in Nevada that require smog certification. That's changin' soon though, movin' to Idaho in an area that don't require it. I can do some serious mods then.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:23 PM

Ya no, some people in vettes are just plain jerks. Dont put down on a kill. Who cares if its a ricer or a twin turbod viper. A kill is a kill. There is nothing wrong with the crossfire either. I for one feel fourtanate to have a corvette PERIOD. Im sure the originator of this thread was just trying to show you guys he had some fun. No need to ditch on him or his car. Its a corvette. The name says it all. Its a great car adn fun to drive no matter whats under the hood or who you beat. Cheers and GREAT JOB ON THE RICER KILL. Dont be ashamed for owning americas BEST sports car....

Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 AM

I Agree Blck86 vette, I too Have a blck 86 vette, and Im as happy as a pig in S*%T to have a vette, the looks little kids give you at the gas station, Its the same look I gave guys with a Corvette when I was 6 years old!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ALL CORVETTES its as simple as that, and yeah it does feel good to put some cocky guy to shame every now and agian!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3562/E1BDF8D9DDF44628AB5E640E0CB4B827.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 AM

I know i'm gonna get flammed to hell on this.....especially cause it's my first post.......... So i'll preface this by saying although i don't own one, I am a huge corvette fan. Many of my friends have them......and we all show lots of respect for eachother.......hopefully it carries over here.

But.................don't judge a book by it's cover. You never know what you might be racing against on the street. For those of you who think a 4 cyl. can't be powerful..........guess again, cause they come in all shapes, sizes, and power varieties.

My EVO makes 604/553 to the wheels............and i've taken a few new Z06's with it from a roll and a dig..................

i'm not saying it can beat every vette out there.......but it's rare if i can't hang with anything on the street.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Any car vette or otherwize that produces that much power is respectable. cheers to you for getting that much out of a small engine. I have an old Datsun 280Z that I built. It doesn't have that much power but it sure fools the unsuspecting. and I have given some vettes a run for their money with it. like I said in another post a motor head is a motor head. we all have that in common. cheers.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:02 AM

I was gone a while and it's kinda funny the turn this thread took. Anyway, I was just relaying a fun kill to the crowd. I love my Vette and it's my car of choice but hats off to those guys building 12 second grenades! It'd be boring if we all drove the same thing.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with blueshark!
A motor head is a motor head, and horses is horses!
As far as "rice rockets" go, I hate the body styling, and that pi$$ed off bumble bee sound.[:@]
Ain't nothin like the sound of a deep beathin, flame throwin', USA built, V-8![sm=icon_rock.gif]
I love to just sit,......... an' listen to a pumped up V-8 idle!
To each his own, right? Right!

Old 11-23-2006, 02:23 PM

Funny Thread.

I for one, love both sides of the Spectrum, Imports and Domestics. Wich brings me to my point....

Some of you guys need a reality check. These "4 bangers" are kicking *** and taking names. For Example, I have an 06 Evo. From a Stoplight, hell, even a Road Course, a Stock C5? My little 4 door family Sedan will eat it up (it is also stock). A stock C6? A fun race, could go either way.

We could all go on for days, and everyone has their opinion....But please, dont sit there behind your computer and act like Vette's are superior cars on the street...Not even close. They are awesome cars, if they werent, I wouldnt have one. But just because your driving one doesnt mean you should throw up your chin and turn your back on an Import. If you do, you may be on the other side of this tale, and I would be reading this on an import forum, trying to defend Corvette's

Old 11-23-2006, 04:26 PM

On offense, meant, but you are being just as judgmental in the opposite direction: "A stock C5? My little 4 door family Sedan will eat it up."

I love just about all cars and think the EVO and the STi are great: carrying on the tradition of the great rally cars like Lancia. I'd like to own an EVO or an STi, but I really have no where to put it -- I have room (and wifely tolerance) for only one more car around here and that will be a Sunbeam Tiger when I can find a good one.

Anyway, to the point here, I've seen a lot of matches between stock C5s and EVOs -- it is always a good race and and seems to depend on what the race is and the drivers -- EVOs are very quick off the line with their 4-wheel drive, and if the driver shifts quickly they are damn quick from a start up to about 45-50. But they have the aerodynamics of a brick and they run out of revs and gears just about where an M6 shifts into 5th. So a C5 will be at a disadvantage off the line, but C5s are are about the best "3rd gear car" I've seen, gobs of torque and a wonderful ratio that allows them to outpull just about anything: if a vette can't win by the top of third, chances are it won't.

So, if it is a short race from a standing start the EVO is tough to beat, but if it is a long race (1/4 mile or more) or a street race from a rolling start, an M6 C5 is a bit faster and an automatic is about an even match: in fact I saw an LT4 C4 (stock as far as I know - no obvious mods) edge an EVO out at the strip -- think it surprised both drivers, but it really shouldn't have, given that the LT4 gives away only 10 HP to the C5. A C6? A real uphill battle for the EVO: other than jumping off the line a few lengths and then shutting down and declaring victory at about 50 mph, I would expect it to get beat about 8 times out of ten in the quarter mile.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Anyway, to the point here, I've seen a lot of matches between stock C5s and EVOs -- it is always a good race and and seems to depend on what the race is and the drivers -- EVOs are very quick off the line with their 4-wheel drive, and if the driver shifts quickly they are damn quick from a start up to about 45-50. But they have the aerodynamics of a brick and they run out of revs and gears just about where an M6 shifts into 5th. So a C5 will be at a disadvantage off the line, but C5s are are about the best "3rd gear car" I've seen, gobs of torque and a wonderful ratio that allows them to outpull just about anything: if a vette can't win by the top of third, chances are it won't.
I just speak from personal experience in my area. My Evo also has the M6, not the M5 as most. Either way, stock for stock a C5/Evo are very evenly matched. C6 is pretty close (tho I would expect it to win by a few yards most of the time), close enough I feel the the Driver would have alot to do with it. But, as I said, everyone has their own personal opinions/experiences.
I just think its disturbing that alot of people Cant respect the "other" choices in cars....I think it was said earlier that "picking on 4 bangers is like competing in the special olympics". You may be right, but what happens when little Timmy blows your doors off? I guess the "special" kids arent so slow afterall...lol

Ive got both, and I love them equally in their own right, and show both Party's respect, as they deserve.

Quick Reply: One roasted ricer!