Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

One roasted ricer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Default RE: One roasted ricer!

I, too, have a lack of respect for any auto enthusiast who can't respect what other people like in the way of cars, and who can't find something to like or at least be interested in in any car.

I think the problem that EVO and STI drivers face, along with those of a few other Japense cars (Turbo Supra, etc.) is they get painted with the same brush as all the guys who have a Civic with air dams and wings and underbody neon --- and a stock engine. I'm pretty tolerant, but I find those folks hard to understand and their cars (and attitude) annoying. There is one particularly loathsome Civic around here that has ground effects rocker panels and front facia and a rear wing higher that the roof, and dual cannon mufflers (only one is connected) and slots in the fenders and scoops on the hood and the rear fenders, and decals, and best of all an "Interfooler" (I'm not kidding, someone actually makes a fake Intercooler you can put up in the front end behind the grill, with sticky tape, where it shows so folks think you have a Turbo under the hood). All this . . . and a car with about 100 HP, but a driver with a 500 HP attitude.

Don't understand those folks at all, and truth be told, there are a few 'vette owners I don't understand either. I'm not really into bling or too much shiny stuff--if it doesn't make the car go faster or be more efficient I'm not into it. But I will tolerate such folks as long as they tolerate my tastes, which I'm sure, often look strange to them (I mean, I never really use the near 800 flywheel HP I have, so does it make sense at all to have it? NO.)

Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I, too, have a lack of respect for any auto enthusiast who can't respect what other people like in the way of cars, and who can't find something to like or at least be interested in in any car.

I think the problem that EVO and STI drivers face, along with those of a few other Japense cars (Turbo Supra, etc.) is they get painted with the same brush as all the guys who have a Civic with air dams and wings and underbody neon --- and a stock engine. I'm pretty tolerant, but I find those folks hard to understand and their cars (and attitude) annoying. There is one particularly loathsome Civic around here that has ground effects rocker panels and front facia and a rear wing higher that the roof, and dual cannon mufflers (only one is connected) and slots in the fenders and scoops on the hood and the rear fenders, and decals, and best of all an "Interfooler" (I'm not kidding, someone actually makes a fake Intercooler you can put up in the front end behind the grill, with sticky tape, where it shows so folks think you have a Turbo under the hood). All this . . . and a car with about 100 HP, but a driver with a 500 HP attitude.

Don't understand those folks at all, and truth be told, there are a few 'vette owners I don't understand either. I'm not really into bling or too much shiny stuff--if it doesn't make the car go faster or be more efficient I'm not into it. But I will tolerate such folks as long as they tolerate my tastes, which I'm sure, often look strange to them (I mean, I never really use the near 800 flywheel HP I have, so does it make sense at all to have it? NO.)

Great post.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Rez90
Great post.
Definatly. Very well put Lee, could not have said it better myself. Definatly agree on all aspects.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 AM

I agree Lee, if it goes fast I like it. Still fun to remind 'em cubic inches are not to be dismissed lightly! I had a 4AGE Corolla GT-S (4.50 posi-rwd, 5spd, DOHC 16v and TVIS) before "ricers" were cool! Raced it, auto-x'd it and generally drove the hell out of it back when they were new.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM

I really wish you guys wouldn't call us or our cars ricers! Its like calling a short person a midget. Just because you aren't very tall doesn't make you a midget, and just because you drive an import doesn't make you a ricer. They are "vertically challenged" and we are "import enthusiasts" LOL To tell you the truth most "import enthusiasts" don't like ricers. Big boeing 747 wings, neon underglow kits and mufflers that sound like a swarm of killer bees with a honey badger near. No, not me, I have a 600 whp full leather interior 4 door Integra. My car looks bone stock, and sounds bone stock, until 4600 rpm when V-tec kicks in, which in turn makes my T67 get angry. Dynographs go vertical from that point to 9600 rpm. She will rev to 11,000, but starts to stop making power at about 9400 so there's no need to take her that high. She will make about as much power as I want her to, (maxing at about 1000whp with a much bigger turbo and spray to get it spollin'). V-tec won't do the job then!! LOL She does low 11 second 1/4 mile traps at over 130mph with my sorry *** driving. A good driver would probably run mid to low 10's. Mind you this is a 4 door full leather cd player sunroof and all the trimmings. The top of the line model. So the next time you find yourself at a stoplight having cruel thoughts about a "ricer", remember that you just might be lined up against someone like me, an "import enthusiast" and might find youself in a terrible nightmare.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM

There is a HUGE difference between a "ricer" and a true "enthusiast" in my humble opinion. These kids in their Civics with the cans, stickers, spoilers and 24" rims are everywhere these days in my city. Just the day before yesterday, two of them were chased and caught on our main highway here at a busy time, traffic-wise, doing well north of 100mph in and out of traffic. The cops chased them for miles before they pulled over, and apparently they almost killed more than one person during their "hi speed run". This sort of activity gives Honda Civic owners, right out the gate, a REAL bad reputation here in my city. REAL BAD.

Those guys are "ricers".

You, sir, with your modifications etc. sound like a true sports car enthusiast. I sincerely tip my hat to you.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 PM

Ok. I know my opinion dont matter for ****. But basically I dont give a rats @ss about ricers, imports, blah blah blah. If you like it fine. If you drive a import, dont come revving up to me talking **** because I am half-hearted to beat your @ss. Again if your a vette driver, I will do the same thing. Fight on the internet or in this case cars.........is like being in the special olympics....you win......YOUR STILL RETARDED. Dont run your mouth period. I could care less if a 000 scary twin turboed "V-TEC" civic whipps my butt. Wow its a civic. Go boast to your buddys what ever suits you bro. I dont care. I love my car, I "care" about my fellow vette lovers and you can believe if a ricer picked on one of my fellow vette buddys **yes that includes you guys on the net** I will back them up the full way. We are a family here. If you choose your family in imports thats cool, just dont start stuff with us domestic guys. We americans are overweight, stupid and lazy. But damn we sure as hell can make a bad @$$ car. All muscle. All power. No bullcrap spoiler, body kit stuff. Its a motor, a tranny and a rearend in a body of a car. We dont need all this hypertech aredonamic flashy glowy light crap. Its stupid. Im 18 yrs old and I know what its like to drive a civic. I hate em. I stand strong toward my opinion here. I have friends who drive civics and they dont talk **** about my car and I dont talk **** about theres. Basic friend rules. I pick my loyalty to corvettes, some to mustangs some to hondas. Whatever makes you happy......Just dont come starting talking crap about ANY VETTE. Who cares if its the cross-fire injection. I got your back all the way man. I am not being a @sshole intentionally I am just sick of you guys wiht your C5s C6s and highly modded C4s putting down on another brother. Come on, we are here for each other. We look after each others back. We shouldnt be at each others throats. I think this forum needs to take a complete turn around and for all you "tough guys" who think the crossfire is crap.....your a loser who dont deserve a vette. I think very highly of the crossfire. I will say that to anyones face and I am not scared to put it on here because I actually have the bal*S to say what I type. Anyone else got something bad about a vette, I say get off this forum and go join a ricer group. Now I say no more trash talk and lets just enjoy each others company. Cheers to everyone!!!

Old 12-05-2006, 06:40 PM

In accordance to 86BlackVettes reply, I tottally agree, I'm 22 and people give me crap cause it's old, oh well. I've got a good amount of mods under the hood, and I'll show 'em. C5 and C6 guys that shun us C4 guys by not waving or just not looking, those guys are di**s. I love my car! These honda guys that chase me around just so they can say they beat a Vette, I dont care, I wont turn down a race, but i dont lose horribly, win or lose, I'm out there to have fun.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM

HEAR HEAR. I got a 2000 SS Camaro. We're looking into buying a C5 here soon. I love my car, better than ANY Corvette, Viper, Ferrari, Civic, Eclipse, ANYTHING OUT THERE. Ummmmm, HELLO, IT'S MY CAR!!!!!!!!!! I'm 16. My life consists of God, my family, my girlfriend, school, and MY car. It's mine. I put the time AND money into it. (Except buying it, I didn't do that part). I work on the weekends to, guess what, take my girlfriend on a date, and buy stuff for MY CAR. Sure, I love 'Vettes. Favorite car, second only to mine. No, mine's not fancier, not faster, but in my HUMBLE(yeah right) opinion, IT'S THE COOLEST. I don't think any car SUCKS, but I mean, I just got the coolest car in the world. Simple as that. Man, I hate it when my car gets rained on. I wash it once a week. I don't slam the doors. But look, "Import Enthusiast", the only people that say my car is a P.O.S. and say it's crap and all this stuff, are RICERS. I don't diss their cars. The other Hot Rodders only give me compliments. So I return the favor. But until I get a new car, and another coolest car, MY CAR IS THE COOLEST!!!! I don't care what anyone says, I just have the absolute coolest car in the world. And I will say it a million time. Sure, you may have a cool car, I'll tell you that, but mine is cooler. I think C4's kick @$$, they were just unlucky enough to come during the time when no one wanted a fast car. Same with some of the poor C3's. I love them all, yes, even the old grandpa C1's(sorry out there). Look, we're not being racist or anything, but until you get your buddies' acts together, I don't give 2 $hits if you have TEN THOUSAND horsepower, you still got a ricer, and you still got a bad rep.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-05-2006, 09:30 PM

ROLLING ON ****ING FLOOR LAUGHING MY @ss OFF..........I like that kid hes funny. I agree. My gf doesnt care much for my car. She likes only new vettes and mustangs. She thinks my cars old. Umm its got a new interior, exaust rims, soon 2 be system and I love it. She thinks im into old cars. So what. I love my car. and I qoute "coolest car". Sorry bud but thats in your point. Everyone thinks there cars cool but not the "coolest". Again to the ricer/IMPORT gents, I know there have been some of you guys talking smack on the net. I bet you wont say it to my face, cuz I will knock you out. Leave us guys alone.

Im sorry but this is how I feel: You can take a import, pump it up with steroids and whip my butt all over the street. BUT. Once you shoot all 4 cylinders thru your "carbon fiber" hood, I am going to be cruising by laughing. HAHA. Get a car with some HERITAGE**CORVETTE, CAMARO, TRANS-AM, MUSTANG, NOVA, ECT." and maybe JUST MAYBE, I will respect you AS A PERSON. I dont care if my cars fast, its got herritage and EVERYONE knows its american. Nothing beats that american ticking of a high performance cam under the hood. Excuse me but yea you guys with your supercharged civics, its STILL QUIET. Gee I wonder why......hmmm. Oh yes one more thing

LEARN ABOUT PHYSICS STUPID....WHY DO YOU HAVE A SPOILER ON THE BACK OF A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR??? DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT IS HURTING YOUR CAR. YOUR FRONT WHEELS SPIN AND THE DOWN FORCE ON THE BACK OF THE CAR PUSHES THE BACK WHEELS DOWN SO BASICALLY YOU HAVE NO TRACTION!!! PUT A SPOILER ON THE FRONT AND IT MITE HELP. YOU GUYS NEED SOME SUPER STICKY TIRES WITH YOUR 350 RWHP CUZ BRO, YOU GUNNA BE GOING THRU THE RUBBER LIKE MAD.........HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED NO RACE CAR!!! IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE DUHHHH. PHYSICS......REAL CAR ENTHUSIAST UNDERSTAND THIS. FYI, I LEARNED ALONG TIME AGO THAT RACING STICKERS OF PARTS YOU DONT HAVE, CHEAP FILTERS AND GREDDI EXAUST DONT DO JACK**** FOR YOUR CAR. SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT. SUDDENLY WHEN YOU ADD CHEAP AMERICAN RACING RIMS YOUR BEATING GENERATION 1 VIPERS. OH YEA THATS REAL BELIEVEABLE. OOO GOOD FOR YOU. LOOSERS!!!

Quick Reply: One roasted ricer!