Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

95 replacing bose system - need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Default 95 replacing bose system - need help

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a 95 Corvette and my Bose sound system has about had it and i was looking and hoping to just replace the head unit and leave the speakers and subwoofers, but from what an installation specailist is telling me, that the sound quality will not be the best, because with the new head unit i will not be able to turn up the volume the way i did with the old unit and get the same crisp sound. Is this true? I love my speakers and all i want to do is change the head unit to a mp3 with auxiliary input and outputs, the guy i went to said i will not get the same sound. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Synyster 1

Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Default RE: 95 replacing bose system - need help

I'd love to find out more about this as well. But I have to add that unlike you, I think the stock Bose system sounds horrible compared to "today's" systems (we have a '95 as well).

Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Default RE: 95 replacing bose system - need help

If your car is a 95 then I'm afraid that your bose system is on shaky ground anyway. They tend to last between 5 and 10 years...even on a low mileage car maybe 12 years...your stock system is running on borrowed time. sooner or later you will have to upgrade. and it is not impossible to do it and maintain your bose system... its just an expensive adapter in most cases. If you change the head unit I suggest replacing the speakers and getting a 5 channel amplifier and subwoofer setup at the same time. Usually one 8 or 10 inch subwoofer in a sealed box does just fine if your looking for really great sound. If your the type of person who likes alot of boom...then go vented.
if you just want an updated version of what you already have then trust me with what I've said here. To make the system in your vehicle sound as good or better than the bose system did when it was new...be prepared to shell out 12 to 15 hundred bucks, never buy something youve never heard of...do your research first. if you have questions ask them.
good luck