Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Electronics System Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Default Electronics System Confusion

Hey guys, this will be my first post on the forums. I'm not sure if I should haveposted on the C4 forums instead but if not please be sure to let me know. Last year, about October I purchased an 89' Corvette from an old police auction. It had been involved in a chase and had been impounded for years. The Vette cost me $1500 and I think I got a prettygood deal. However, there have been some really wierd problems. The biggest issue is the security system. Whenever I lock my car and then return to unlock it;as soon as I push the key into the door and open the door the alarm goes off. I cannot figure out how to make this stop and being only age 17 people seem to think im stealing the car and then proceed to call the police on me (which gets old very fast.)

My question is have any of you experienced similar problems or know how to fix this one?

Secondly, I just replaced the Bose stock system 2 weeks ago and put in two 4 inchs in the doors and two 6 1'2 inchs in the back. However, I would like to also add a 500 watt amplifier, and two 12 inch subwoofers without compromising any of the storage space if possible. I already have the equipment just not the means to do it on my own. Unfortunatly I had to take the car to a car-audio place to have the Bose system replaced because I have no knowledge of anything car audio related. I will take pictures of my wiring situation if anyone is interested in helping.

And my final question: Has anyone put a CB radio into their Corvettes? I could really use one for the type of work I do and was just curious if anyone had done the same.

Thanks guys and sorry for all the questions,

Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Default RE: Electronics System Confusion

I had problems with the alarm on my C5, I just took it in and had the stock alarm dis ingaged and put an after market alarm in. Screwinng around with the stock alarm isnt worth the trouble. They suck, When you purchase the new one, the installer will do a rewire with a new brain...[/align]As for the bose, they suck as well, But keep in mind with a bose system if you change even one thing you might as well change it all, The bose are wired werd. Three wires? the third a ground. But if you are going to keep the head unit, JL audio makes a device called a clean sweep that is suppose to clean up the noice that is produced from the switch of the stock bose speakers with a bose head unit. But keep in mind this, (no highs no lows must be bose)....You can see the upgrades I've done in my other posts under new member...[/align]