Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

A few new Audio Components for the '98

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Default A few new Audio Components for the '98

Being drummer for the last 30 years, I've always like to feel my music rather than just listening to it. So afterhaving just a some-what stock system inthe '98, I decided to up thepower and thump just a little bit.It's certainly not competition level stuff, but I think itshould do just fine for what I'm looking for.

Because it's a sealed box, it won't sound like those horrid systems you hear from a mile down the road. I can't stand that "Loose Booming Bass" that vibrates all the panels on the carswhen they drive by. [:'(]

Name:  AudioComponents-44.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  70.0 KB

Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Default RE: A few new Audio Components for the '98

I like the clear sub boxes, gives it a nice clean look. Make sure you post some pics after shes all installed.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM

I'd love to get something like that, so I was just wondering, is it possible to put Bass speakers completly out of sight so no one can see it yet you still get full sound from it. I know on home surround sound systems they say it doesn't matter where you put the sub because your ear can't detect which way bass comes from.

Thanks

Old 12-22-2006, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

I'd love to get something like that, so I was just wondering, is it possible to put Bass speakers completly out of sight so no one can see it yet you still get full sound from it. I know on home surround sound systems they say it doesn't matter where you put the sub because your ear can't detect which way bass comes from.

Thanks
Yes and No! Yes you can install subs completely out of sight and still hear/feel the bass, but you won't really get the same amount of fullness that you'd hearif they were out in the open. A lot of people puttheir sub-boxes in the trunk and you can still hear it, but it doesn't sound near as good. They have those Bandpass boxes where the subwoofer is inside, but it has a port(s) so that the sound and air can travel outside if it. It also depends on the airspace inside your car.

If you're wondering about your Camaro, they make a 10" stealth box that fits in the back compartment out of site. In the C5's, a person could actually use thespare tirecompartmentto hold a subwoofer and be covered up. Having a sub-box behind the seat of a truck is basically out of sight but you get most all ofthe sound in there. It really depends on how out of sight you mean. Completely enclosed is definitely going to take away from fullness. Example:a stereo turned up inside a car with the windows rolled up will still allow you to hear it outside, but rolling the window down even just a little will allow for that sound to escape. (letting that fullness be heard)

Iactually like that feeling of forced air against my back and head when the bass hits. In the Z28 I'm running about 2700 watts RMS, (which means continuous power)so when I crank that system, it makes the hair on your head stand up......but I love it! Ear plugs are usually offered when you're a passenger in that one.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM

Thanks man, you mentioned something about not rattling the panels. How do you accomplish that? That has been the ONE thing stopping me from putting some nice bass in there cause I don't want people to think I have a piece of crap about to fall apart.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

Thanks man, you mentioned something about not rattling the panels. How do you accomplish that? That has been the ONE thing stopping me from putting some nice bass in there cause I don't want people to think I have a piece of crap about to fall apart.
On the Camaro, the first thing that will rattle or vibrate from even a small amount of bass is the rear panel between the tail lights. Dynamat insullation is one of the best things to use, but get ready for a pretty big job if you plan on doing this to the car. If you only plan on running like 1500 watts or less,then just removing that rear panel and license plate is all that's really needed. With those all you need is some 3/8 inch foam weather stripping behind them to keep from vibrating. Higher power and you'll need to remove all the carpeting in the car and laying down the mat.

I'm running 1200 watts RMS to each subwoofer in the Z28 and it poundsreal hard. The only thing I did to it was as I mentioned above with the weather stripping.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 AM

Looks great, too bad you can't post how good it's going to sound.