Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

1980-1982 - Stingray?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM

It's good to see a large part of the old gang still checking in. Things on my end have been very busy, wife and I bought another house with horse facilities, moved her aging parents in with us after modifications to the house. I don't like the 30 mile commute to work but it's all ok. So now my barn is all Chevrolet, '78 Vette, '98 1/2 ton, 2000 Dually crew cab 4wd diesel, two quarterhorses. Hope we can get a little more activity on the site.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure how to get more participation on the forum. Kind of feel like it's running on empty. Just check the Moderator's Room and all the posts except for the stickys have been deleted. Doesn't appear to be an abundance of sponsors either but probably hard to get them w/o much traffic.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 AM

I don't know what changed to cause such a drop in interest. Two to three years ago we had trouble getting a word in edgewise.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

The lack of participation may be a result of the current ecconomy.
Personally, I no longer have the extra funds to pursue the "Starship's" continued restoration.
By not being able to dig into the particulars of the restoration, I'm lacking the questions that help to promote further activity. I will though, continue to dump spammers and try to help keep the site clean.
Glad to hear from y'all.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Hi Dave, I agree with you on the economy. Money for toys is hard to come by. I haven't put anything into my Vette in three years, it's roadworthy but I still have the stroker motor sitting in the engine cradle and don't know when I'll swap that.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM

Hey Guys,

I am apart of several forums and I think the reason you don't have a constant stream of new topics and discussions is because there are not a great deal of members registered here. The main forum I use is very close to this one, www.corvetteforum.com. It has tons of people on it and there are new topics every day.

I started on this site, but when responses to questions took several days before getting one, I started looking around. This other site will have answers for you within minutes. Its fantastic. Head on over if you don't already have an account. Just tell them I sent you. haha.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

I suspect that other site has been around a lot longer. The way I found this one was by referral from the sister site, Chevrolet Forum.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

A few years back, our site was revamped.
That caused a lot of confusion and frustration and we lost some of our best techs. The revamping also killed the "Ride of the month", since the site no longer continued with the existing format. We lost pics, avatars, banners and continuity of other data. ( and our new "smilies" really suck, compared to the ones we had previously )
I feel that the revamping was a BIG mistake. I think that had a lot to do with killing our activity.

Personally, I'm "old school" and can't really contribute to anything past the C3 era.
A lot of "Vette heads" are newer Vette owners and I just can't help out.

I'm a member of that "other" site, but was seeing a lot of "sniping" going on and that really turns me off. I don't even visit there anymore.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

That revamping also happened at Chev. Forums and just about killed it also. Plus they brought in an admin. who seemed to think he was some kind of god. Managed to drive off one of our best tech. sources from GM. We seemed to have recovered somewhat since he's no longer around. And we lost all of the pics, etc. Kind of get the feeling that whoever owns the sites is just letting them run on autopilot.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by C3 Starship
Personally, I'm "old school" and can't really contribute to anything past the C3 era.
A lot of "Vette heads" are newer Vette owners and I just can't help out.

I'm a member of that "other" site, but was seeing a lot of "sniping" going on and that really turns me off. I don't even visit there anymore.
Thats too bad about the revamp. It's a shame when people think they are really helping and end up destroying.

What is sniping? I have only heard that in Ebay terms when someone outbids you at the last second.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I just bought a 1980 so, fire away with the any and all knowledge. I am all ears.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1980-1982 - Stingray?