Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

any corvette car show in LI, NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Default any corvette car show in LI, NY

Hi, I live in Freeport, NY Long Island. I just got a 1976 vette. It needs lots of work. I just love the car so I had to buy what ever I could afford. Are there any car show that I cango and see other vettes in LI NY???

Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 PM
pg
Default RE: any corvette car show in LI, NY

Hi rv1617 and welcome to the forum, small world-I lived in Freeport on Sullolk, How bout that big house on Nassau, the one with his own lighthouse?
I'm in NC now and we have lots of clubs, there great, they have BBQ's, outings at the parks, the lakes. It takes 4 hours to got to the beach from Charlotte so everyone stays a few days at that one. Try freeport corvette or something like that.
Then tell us more about your new vette, 76 was still the sail back? T-Top or conv? We need details. PG.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Default Am a new corvette owner

I Justbought a 1976 T'top in white. It has the sail back. Thats coolwhat what year is your vette?? How is NC my friends just moved down to a town close to charlotte. I will take a pic of " MY LADY" one of these days and I will post it.... ( it need lots of work but is a start) Thank you..

Old 07-27-2007, 09:20 PM
pg
Default RE: Am a new corvette owner

Hi again, you say your car needs some work, well you came to the right place, everyone here is very helpful, just post your questions.
My car is also white and a lot of fun to drive.
Enjoy your new ride, PG

Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Irv, I grew up in Ossining, New York, about 20 miles north of the Bronx on the Hudson. An older 'Vette up there is quite a rarity. I lived in Central Texas for 21 years, moved to Puerto Rico for 3, been here in NW Louisiana for 2 and am going back to Central Texas in another month or so, and staying for good. Cars are very clean in this part of the world, unlike New York. My brother is still there and we always talk cars, not much that's too old still rolling up there. Please keep us posted with your build progress. I'm looking foreward to your future posts. Good luck.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Try looking in Newsday on Sundays in the auto section. They have a list of all the car shows. Also look in the wheels section (I think it is on Fridays) and they will tell you what is going on for the weekend. I have been to quite a few shows out here in Suffolk County and there are quite a few vettes of all years. This Sunday Sept 16th there is a Vette show in StonyBrook at the Civic Center that says they will have "over 75 unique Corvette's on display". I do not know what that means but it is going to be a nice day to take a spin in the car. Also I have found a lot of informative people at the cruise nights. Every day of the week out here you can take the car somewhere and hang out and swap stories. Nathans in Oceanside used to be a hot spot on Thursdays when I lived there 20 years ago. Also I heard Bellmore train station is another hot spot although I do not know what day of the week Maybe start there and find out where people go the other nights of the week Good luck and have fun.
Kev

Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Hi fellow LIer. Take a look here, its a god group:http://www.corvettesociety.com/ Meetings are on 1st Tuesdays at Levitown Hall.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Default RE: any corvette car show in LI, NY

Every Tuesday in the spring and summer there is a big show at Bald Hill (LIE exit 63) All cars and motorcycles attend, but plenty of Vettes show up. Also every thursday on Main St in Oakdale the same type of show takes place but much smaller. Ramp Chevrolet on RTE 112 in Coram advertises shows for just Corvettes, many of which are judged. Finally, if you want to get up early go over to Captree State park on Sunday morning. If you don't get there early, you may not get a spot.