Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Assembly Manual concerns

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Default Assembly Manual concerns

So after 6 years of ownership and a lot of financial ups and downs I'm finally about to begin work on my 81. Sensibly, I decided to order some manuals and documentation before I start ripping things apart like gutting my interior and rewiring the entire car.

I ordered the following items:
Assembly Manual on CD
Assembly Manual Index
Laminated Electrical diagram

So my gripe is that the scanned pdf file my assembly manual came in on is HORRIBLE quality. is the print copy that the big retailers sell the same lousy photocopy/scan? I can't read half of the text in the document. I feel as though I've been scammed at this point and plan to call ecklers up for a refund. That CD wasn't cheap, and then I realized the CD was from corvette america and that they sell it directly for almost half of ecklers price.

Is the corvette resto business really this shiesty?

Sorry, I'm done ranting. Can anyone please confirm that if I order the print manual that it will be a better quality? ie readable text and discernible diagrams? Thanks in advance.

-Joe

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I got a print copy a long time ago and the text and pics are pretty good, very legible. I suspect that some are making a copy of a copy of a copy and losing quality each time.

Personally I'd think twice about getting any Ekler's fiberglass parts based upon a hood surround we put on a '66 and about a year after painting started to show some pops in the paint. Repainted and it did the same thing.

Haven't had any problems w/ the major suppliers such as Zip, Vette Brakes, Paragon, Corvette Central.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

I too have the printed assembly manual. I was disapointed in the lack of quality, but it is readable without any probs.
I'm sure it is a copy of a copy...., and that annoys me, wheather I can read it of not.
I would like to have a copy from the original, it would be so much easier on the eyes.