Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Just like to know what made you decide to purchase a C3.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Default RE: Just like to know what made you decide to purchase a C3.

I like your side pipes!
I was thinking about putting them on my 74 but I have been hearing a lot of stories about people getting burned by them.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 PM

I have spent alot of time in the USA visiting the wifes family and put alot of miles on running the old Kenworth down there.Retired from trucking and work for the city of Vancouver.That would be the one in B.C. not Washington. Every where I went down there I just loved it and the people couldn't be nicer.I get alot more time now with the family and of course the vette.I hope to have the ol girl on the road this summer.Not the wife the vette.Ok I will let the wife go too.Might even take it for a burn to Redding to see the inlaws.Well have a good day and good driving.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:59 AM

I do believe if there was an American Idol Car Show the C3 Corvette would be the winner hands down/thumbs up. The lines on the C3 Vettes has curves almost better than Joe Dimaggio's lady. I stuffed a nicely worked 396 BB inside, painted the Vettewhite with a gold pearl coat, re-did the cinabar upholstery and am tweaking out a little more stuff on it. As a supporter of the Humane Society I try not to neglect too many of the horses but then again blue lights flashings can also cause a different kind of heart throb. Long live the C3 Corvette. Bob J

Old 01-18-2007, 10:59 AM

i'll be buried inmy next one(auctually it will probably be more like...i'll die when i wrap it around a lightpole.) i learned how to drive in a 75 stingray and when my dad totaledit out i told him i'd buy him another one when i was rich (i was like 7 or 8) so when i found a 77 last august i knew exactly what i was gunna do with it, so when im out of the airforce and its complete it will be a fathers day present. and if i'm not mistaken the 1968 corvette wasnt auctually a "stingray" i belive that came back in 69 and as one word instead of two as seen on the c-2...course i could be wrong (i usually am)

Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 AM

oh and whyle im here YOU'RE ALL OLD!!! haha sorry i had to get that out im only 18 but i love my chevys. my next one will be a 70-73 camaro 302 w/ the split bumper

Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 PM

You are right on both points. A bunch of us are old and the String Ray returned as the Stingray in 1969. There is an advantage to being old, we were driving sports and muscle cars when they were new or slightly used. My second car in 1972 was a 1970 Nova SS 396 4 speed, no A/C,radio and heater delete. My first car (in 1970) was a 63 Chevy Impala SS 327 4 speed, convertible. It is very encouraging to the hobby that the younger generations are interested in these cars and will help preserve them for future generations. OK, I'll get off my soap box now.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:46 PM

BORN IN 1953, I GUESS I WAS BORN TO OWN A COUPLE OF VETS....I LOST MY 75 CONVT. IN THE HURRICANE DOWN HERE...I REPLACED IT WITH A 98 CONVT. BUT MY HEART & SOUL WAS IN THAT 75 VET.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Since you were born in 53 that makes you older than me!!thanks I feel a whole bunch better now.(born in 54).By the way Sean my son is even older than you.Pretty much all my vehicles are too.You all have fun now!!Talk at ya later,a bunch of corvette parts just arrived via UPS.It's christmas again!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:40 AM

just about every car ive owned is older than me and i have a feeling it will be that way for a whyle. i love the classics and belive they were, are, and will always be the greatest point in american motorsports to date. i just wish i could have been there for it all, but since i wasnt i'll just have to learn all the little details and rumors from my dad, grandpa and my fellow corvette owners. and ive noticed somthing, ricers (and there drivers) always seem to hate each other, and corvette owners are like a huge family...i love it

Old 01-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Born in '53 and '54? You poor ol' farts! Sorry to hear you're gettin so far along in years, it must be tough! [&o]
I was born in '52, and I'm only29 (can't trust anybody over 30) !
Well, when y'all get too old to drive your Vettes, just let me know, I'll be glad to exercise themfor ya.

Quick Reply: Just like to know what made you decide to purchase a C3.