Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

A sad end to years worth of work

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rickcusaf
So on sunday I was in a near-fatal car accident. Either the back wheel seized or I hydroplaned, but either way it sent my car into an immediate spin where I was struck by a black SUV and thrown across the median in an even faster spin whereupon I was struck again on the opposite side by an oncoming white SUV. The entire front end of the vette was ripped off and the entire car was totaled.

Was a pretty sad day I suppose. I put over two years worth of work into fixing her up and rebuilding her. She was the one thing that could cheer me up on really bad days. Would just take the tops off and go for a spin. Now I'm waiting to hear from my insurance company as to what some adjuster thinks all that work is worth. Thanks to everyone that gave me advice over the years and helped me out. When I first got her I barely knew how to change my own oil. You guys helped me turn a decent car into a fantastic memory. I only wish I could have kept her for longer. I never had planned on selling it either.

-Rick
Rick,
Was really sorry to hear about the accident, I read this post awhile back. Most important that you weren't hurt. But I do know how you feel about the car. It is a story to tell in years to come.
When our family gets together, my brother has the "car wreck" stories, mostly from being wreckless, but afew bad ones were real accidents. He wrecked afew neat street cars, a '58 'Vette and a reworked '57 Chevy w/ all the hot rod equip. to mention only two, then there were Chevelles, Malibus, even a jeep, and a VW that rolled three separate times in one night loaded w/ guys and drove away from the accidents, had several motorcycle accidents, and on and on... It was back in the late '60s and early '70s, so he can tell the stories and feel ok about it, but I do remember clearly how he felt when they happened, alot of money out the window not to mention trouble w/ the police and my father. So, most important, you're ok and it's behind you now. It could have been worse.
You can always get another one, or something different.