Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Sitting in the garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country
Default Sitting in the garage

I'm off work for the next week, well the weather man says its going to rain EVERY day for the next seven.
If any one is looking for me tell them I will be sitting in the garage!
A little rain is not going to stop me from spending time with my mistress!

Last edited by Flying Low; 05-22-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
pg
Default Now That's A Bummer!

We had terrible weather last week, most depressing! Looks like the weather man will be on our side this weekend, we expect about 60 people on Sunday! Been running the pool heater since yesterday and have all kinds of food and drinks. If you feel like taking a ride "You'll came on down" theres are extra bedrooms and everyone can leave Monday after breakfast once the feel sober enough to drive home! PG.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Sounds like you got a great holiday planned. Looks like we will have a house full of kids and grandkids too. I better stay around here, somebody has got to cook.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 AM

I'm glad that you guys are going to have a great weekend. I remember growing up in New York, how big a holiday Memorial Day weekend was. For us kids, all the pools and state/city parks and pools opened and it was the start of the swimming season, summer was longed f/ as the winter slowly gave way to jacket-wearing weather. F/ my mother and my father (my father being a WWII Navy vet who spent just about the whole war in the South Pacific and my mother who was a New York telephone operator when Pearl Harbor was attacked and who waited f/ my father to come home and get married in '45, at 93 years old, she still wears his Navy bracelet.) it was a weekend to celebrate the soldiers who served the country at war time. The parade was a big deal and everyone had a great deal of respect f/ the soldiers who kept us free here at home. Our neighborhood was filled w/ these guys, most everyone's parents. What a weekend!
The weather will soon break f/ you guys and the sun will shine and it'll be time to take out the 'Vette and cruise. We all know that you have to experience the crumby weather to fully appreciate the good, like everything else in life.
I hope you guys have a great time w/ the family and keep in mind, if only f/ a moment, what the weekend is all about.
My best to you guys and the fams, have a great and safe time, and if the weather permits, rub a good coat of wax on the 'Vette just f/ good measure, LOL. I am. Sincerely, Jimmy