Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

worth of a 69 coupe ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: worth of a 69 coupe ?

And I thought it was going to be about dropping a big block in a Corvette . ..[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM

I havent had a day off since the original post!!! I am supposed to go see it tomorrow so i will drop all the details then!!
Tex its all good brother!!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Did somebody say "big block in a vette"? .......I'm listenin'.....oh ****!....somebody's teasin'.......That's just not right!! LOL!

Cool, I'm a dago too. And instead of "lard A$$" I like Fat POS...That's me. Spaghetti bendin' greasball ginni, from dagoland. WOP= With Out Papers. My aunt would have a fit every time she heard that one.

I understand both sides.racial toned jokes useto bother me but nowthey don't. Hell ifthey did I'd have a Sh!tload of unmarked graves in my back woods....... bein' a Sicilian dago with lots of guns, LOL!

Can't wait for the pictures of the '69. Buy it ...it's a cheap vette that you can build your way if nothin' else..

Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Speakin' of BB's.....since there's no engine in that '69,
let's put a "HighDeck" 632 cid in that puppy! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

( I know of someone that has one for sale....Hmmmm..)

Old 11-30-2007, 11:44 AM

Considering even what you might dump into a '69 money-wise, if you're a 'Vette man, it would be worth it. I like the bumpers on that year and the vents in the sides of the front fenders. The '70 and later vents were not as nice. Seems that the '69 still had a taste of the earlier 'Vette which the '70 and later doesn't. I remember being alittle bummed about the body style change in '68 as I really liked the '63 to '67 look. (Ofcourse it was nothing like the horse power bomb of '72.)I've grown to like the looks of my '81, but I do feel that the '69would be hard to pass up if you got it for the right price.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Well Hello all again - it's been a while since I posted here and I can see that I stirred up a bunch of trouble. It was all in good fun, no harm intended. Texas Jim - You have my respect. You can call it conservative if you want. I think it is just plain old the right way to be -and yes, it would be very cool indeed if we could all get together for a while.
As far as restoring a car versus buying one done - you will save a bunch of dough if you just bite the bullet and buy a car that is done. I have way too much in my '79 to ever think about selling it, but I do agree with the notion that the car is "You" when you do it yourself. I have developed an in depthknowledge for the workings of my 'Vette over the last 3 years. I have been in the depths of my credit cards, checking accounts and cash reserves to get this car done and it still needs paint! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Any news on the 69 yet?

Are we there yet?

As an aside - when I started the "Where are you" thread, I was trying to do just that, find out if anyone was close enough to get together.

Maybe we should try and organize some kind of meeting, or regional meetings?

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Whaddaya call a girl with one leg?

Eileen

Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Hey blue shark i always thought wop stood for work order permit?

OK you bunch of vinnie bobarino`s heres the scoop first off Tex, the guy answered the door in yep you guessed it A wife beater!!LOL missing a tooth or 2?? so i looked past it and looked at the car it is a 69 but was wrecked at some point and has a 71 nose on it?? frame was never straightened, still has massive wrinkle in front crossmember.
no motor trans or any radiator/support. I thought it would be a descent parts car as the interior was very nice and he had reciepts for the rear end being gone through so i asked what it would take he smiled and said not a penny less than 4800 so i smiled back and said thanx and left!
He seemed like a real nice guy just watched to much barret jackson and got the i own an old car so its worth tons mentality!!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Smart move.
Maybe in 50 yrs, it'll be worth that, but til then......[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 PM

Yes, meeting somewhere in the middle-geographically-would be great. Maybe plan it for when the weather breakes (for the best weather and plenty of time to plan) and where there's some kind of " 'Vette show/meet" at the time close by our meeting place. With the trip driving there, the meeting, and a (possible) show/meet would be a hell of a time, to say the least.

That guy will have that car for quite a long time.