WTB 1980-1982 Stingray Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Default WTB 1980-1982 Stingray Corvette

Hello,

I am looking to buy a 1980-1982 Corvette. Below are my preferences:

Color: Yellow (Blue will be considered)
Transmission: Manual
Interior Color: Black (by no means a deal breaker)
Engine: Type is not important. However, I don't want to replace it in order to drive it home.
Miles: Preferably under 100K (on the engine, not the entire car as a whole. If the engine was replaced or rebuilt, please include original miles and miles for new engine. Thank you)
All original parts: Not important

Let me know what you have to offer.

Thank you.

Last edited by ~Stingray; 09-14-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 PM

If you could be a little more flexible you could pick up my 79 for $6000 has about 85 k on the clock check it out in "for sale". Since it's ready for paint you can paint it any color blue that you like.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by partsman41
If you could be a little more flexible you could pick up my 79 for $6000 has about 85 k on the clock check it out in "for sale". Since it's ready for paint you can paint it any color blue that you like.
Thank you, but I like the design of the 1980-1982 much better. I appreciate the offer.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Here is the description of the corvette the seller has for a posting:
________
For sale: 1980 Corvette, factory code 52, Corvette Yellow. L-48, 4 speed transmission. Approximately 300, yellow, 4 speed 1980's produced. Black leather interior, new seat covers, foam and carpeting and floor mats. Unusually low optioned car from factory, options were rear defog, white letter tires, am/fm cassette stereo and rear speakers. This means car was originally rally wheel car, painted tops and fixed mast antenna. Probably make this car one of one? Original sales invoice included.
Car has 165K miles, approximately 40K on rebuild. Runs excellent! Original numbers matching engine and transmission. Factory alloy wheels added, 255/60/15 BFG radial T/A tires, SS brakes, true dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers. Has edelbrock alluminum intake with original carb, all smog intact on car. Car shows as 50K easy!
Recent strip to fiberglass, virgin body, no hits, all original body panels, solid frame and birdcage. Repaint base/clear urethane, rear bumper fiberglass, original urethane front bumper. New door weatherstrip, new emblems.
Some owner history, records and owners manual, spare tire, jack and t-top bags.
This is a neat driver Corvette! Needs A/C charged, other misc repairs.
---------

These are his answers to some of my questions:

Yes, the car has 165K on it. The odometer is only 5 digit. The engine would have been rebuilt at 120K miles.
1. The car is showing approximately 65K miles on the odometer. My understanding is that the engine was rebuilt at about 20K.
2. I would rate the car a strong 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. I am very honest and critical in my description. This car shows easliy as an original 50K mile car!!!

1) Was yellow the original color? Yes, this is factory code 52, Corvette Yellow
2) Are the t-tops clear or painted. (Your description left me with some minor confusion) Car has painted t-tops. I have glass tops available.
3) Is there anything in need of repair? You said the car runs great, but what is need to make the car in perfect working order? There are several repairs needed such as A/C needs charged, blowermotor switch needs replaced, front end alignment are most important.
4) You said you had the engine rebuilt correct? What were the issues? I want to know what past issues I should look out for? I purchased the car in Feb '09. I was able to contact a former owner and obtain receipts from the engine rebuild. I don't know any specific details about the rebuild or why it was done. I do know that the inside of the engine is very clean and it runs great. I would not have any issue with driving the car to IN.
5) Winter stored or driven? The car has always been stored Nov through March since I have owned it. I believe the car has spent a fair amount of time on the west coast, including CA
6) Is there any rust on the car? The undercarriage shows nice, it has some very minor surface rust in areas. We have used the car as a driver during the summer months and I have not detailed it for show purposes only. It has great potential and does not have major rust issues
7) Are you the original owner? I do not know how many owners the car has had. I do have a copy of the original sales invoice from GM
---------------

Here are the pictures he sent me:
http://photobucket.com/YellowVett

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.