Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

1995 issues again

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Default 1995 issues again

okay guys i posted up that i hit something on the highway and it took out my innerfenderwell and that plastic ball as well(also could you tell me what this ball does.) And i have 2 connectors that are now open and do not have a clue to what they connect to. One i believe is a 4 pin and the other i think is a 5 maybe a 6 (i will have to check) This is on the driverside in the front corner by the fan relays.
I was just driving along and the car started like surging, then i let off the gas pedal then hit it again and it had stopped. So i went to get on the highway and it started again, so i let off and went back on it and no problem. it only does it every now and then not a lot though.

So.....i ran a scanner cause my check engine light was on. and the following showed up:
code 29
code 36
code 54(i believe) IT STATED RIGHT 02 sensor or circuit fault

Well i have a snap on scanner so i am able to view the current readings, the car is at idle and my 02 readings (in mV) are all over the place and im not touching the gas at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

THANX MATT

Old 12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Default RE: 1995 issues again

Couple of questions for ya....How big is the "plastic ball"? Could be a vacuum canister.

Are the headlights opening and closing like there suppose to? The headlight actuator module has a 4 & 5 pin connector.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:26 PM

it is a black plastic ball that is maybe about 5 or 6" in diameter.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Ric

Hi The plastic ball is the vacuum tank not shore how much damage you have but if it is broke or missing you have a vacuum leak. I think there is one vacuum line that goes up to Eng vacuum piping and a tee to the cruse control. probably need to stop those vac leaks for the Eng to run right. The electric connectors I don't know you will have to find what isn't working. Parking lights, horns,under hood lights,head lights and doors. Turn signals front corning lights. these are all in that corner. Rshiver is heading you in that direction. your wiring and vacuum tank are2 separate problems.

Is it possible to get a picture of the electrical area for the connectors?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:03 PM

from the picture that Rshiver provided, it looks to be the headlamp door module. Right off of that same wiring loom there is that little vacuumm line with a 90 at the end. It connects to the ball, if i remember correctly. Well right now it is not connected to anything, but when i stuck my finger up to the line, i didn;t feel any vacuum at all. So.... if any of this information helps, hopefully it does.

ALSO, i think it was code 36, it says next to it on my scanner EAS fault. What is EAS? And what could be wrong?

THANX MATT BTW MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Ric

Hi Matt
how are you coming? I checked a parts book the vacuum tank is called---a/c VAC (AC Delco#25074627) I'm thinking maybe you would only get a vacuum leak depending on what your heater and ac is calling for you might want to try plugging this line for the time being to see what happens. Just a thought.

code 29 Secondary air injector pump circuit----chk rshiver drawing there is a secondary injection relay might be ware one connector goes.

code 36 distributer ignition system high pulse. help somebody

code 54 not finding anything for this code.

EAS---electric air switching valve dont know Matt maybe after taking care of code 29 this will leave.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM

code 54 fuel pump circuit (low voltage) Using digital Ohm meter, check pump circuits for shorts or open circuits. code 36 distributor ignition system fault, the opti spark ignition is affected highly by moisture or f.o.d . I seen people wash their engines off or drive through a large puddle and end up in the end replacing half the distributor. The vacuum reserve tank is for a/c ,heater controls, keeps the engine from being effected when a large vacuum need is called for. This leakwill cause lean condition, if the leak is big enough, or at least high rev idle. Drop a line to mech259 he seems to havea real good handle on the tech data. On the unidenfied relays throw me the color groups and i'll reseach them.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Default 95 problems

I just changed my water pump and distributer on my 95 lt1. It was running fine. Then last week I went for about a 30 mile ride on backroads without any redlights or stopping. Then when I stopped and drove some more the next time I stopped it killed started right back up then killed again. I went home and parked it about a week later went outside to start it and it just spinns over but don't try to start.... I need some help to get it fixxed please anyone .........

Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by dfwgsx
okay guys i posted up that i hit something on the highway and it took out my innerfenderwell and that plastic ball as well(also could you tell me what this ball does.) And i have 2 connectors that are now open and do not have a clue to what they connect to. One i believe is a 4 pin and the other i think is a 5 maybe a 6 (i will have to check) This is on the driverside in the front corner by the fan relays.
I was just driving along and the car started like surging, then i let off the gas pedal then hit it again and it had stopped. So i went to get on the highway and it started again, so i let off and went back on it and no problem. it only does it every now and then not a lot though.

So.....i ran a scanner cause my check engine light was on. and the following showed up:
code 29
code 36
code 54(i believe) IT STATED RIGHT 02 sensor or circuit fault

Well i have a snap on scanner so i am able to view the current readings, the car is at idle and my 02 readings (in mV) are all over the place and im not touching the gas at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

THANX MATT

for the codes, go to autozone. they check and tell u what they mean for free. it will give some clues to the problem