Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

asr system,code 43, Question??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Default asr system,code 43, Question??

First sorry to cwb for not getting back to you sooner,was out of town.Drove the vette right away,and the asr service light came on,high idle(1500 rpms).Pulled code 43 again.Knock sensor.Went and got one at Auto Zone($36.00) Got under the car and found I have two of them on the engine!! Went and got another one.I put them in,clearred the code out, started the car up and still had the asr light on !!! But it wasn't idling as high and I check the codes again,and came up with nothing!! Here my question , each time I started the car up and drove it, it got alittle better,this morning I started it the asr light didn't come on and the idle was perfect,would it take that long to retard the timing back to normal or should I start looking for another problem??
Note to all you C4 vette (LT1)fans DIY, it helps to know what series of motor you have P or J when get your knock sensor, I didn"t

Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
cwb
Default RE: asr system,code 43, Question??

ORIGINAL: billybob93

First sorry to cwb for not getting back to you sooner,was out of town.Drove the vette right away,and the asr service light came on,high idle(1500 rpms).Pulled code 43 again.Knock sensor.Went and got one at Auto Zone($36.00) Got under the car and found I have two of them on the engine!! Went and got another one.I put them in,clearred the code out, started the car up and still had the asr light on !!! But it wasn't idling as high and I check the codes again,and came up with nothing!! Here my question , each time I started the car up and drove it, it got alittle better,this morning I started it the asr light didn't come on and the idle was perfect,would it take that long to retard the timing back to normal or should I start looking for another problem??
Note to all you C4 vette (LT1)fans DIY, it helps to know what series of motor you have P or J when get your knock sensor, I didn"t
High idle COULD be the KS retarding the timing. BUT, you should do voltage tests to the KS input and output, and test both sensors for spec ohm readings.

I can post the diagnostic schematic later unless someone beats me to it. It DOES say that spark plug wires can cause false KS signals, if misrouted, or if S P wires are bad.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Default RE: asr system,code 43, Question??

Thank I'll give that a try,but I don't have the specs. on this elec. system.