Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Car Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Default Car Work

Well, guys... I just dropped my car off at my mechanics shop today. He is a close friend that owns his own shop so it will definately be good work. Anyway, i dropped it off to get the auto trans. rebuilt. He said they were going to use all Redline products for the internals. Bascially, when they rebuild it, he said it will be able to withstand about 550-600HP. Im not going that high right now though lol. I am also getting new heads and a cam and a built bottom end that they are boring +.030. I am also getting Hooker headers and he is going to run my exhaust through my catalytic converter to the new catback i am getting so that it still looks like i have the cat. hooked up to pass inspection. Also, i am getting Baer 13" Brakes (Slotted and Cross Drilled Rotors) all the way around and a new stainless steel brake line. And if money allows, i am going to get C5 Z06 rims. They are going to be black with a polished lip. 17x9.5 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear. This is going to set me back quite a bit but the tranny was on its way out because it was slipping anyway. A few other things are being fixed with all of this work being done too. The mechanic said with all this i might be pushing around 400hp to the wheels. I would be very very happy with that. Well, i will definately keep you guys updated over the next 2 weeks until its done.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Default RE: Car Work

sweet!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 PM

so what heads and cam did you go with? did you ever find out if you can throw any heads on a lt1?

Old 07-09-2006, 10:53 PM

There actually arent very many options as far as heads go on the 94 LT1. Summit only offers one set for it and Jegs offers the same set. The only problem with that is that i cant get the ones from summit until the 21st and i need my car before then. The ones from jegs (if they are actually the same) i thik they have in stock so i might get those. Or, the guy doing my engine work is going to look into getting some different ones. If there arent any available, we are just going to port and polish mine and clean everything up to get it rebuilt nicely and get some more power out of it.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:24 AM

did you check out trickflow and AFR (air flow research)?

Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM

I checked Trickflow but i couldnt find any trickflow heads that Summit or JEGS offered so i scrapped it. Plus they were a little pricy. I guess it would be a little late anyway because they started work on my car today. They are just going to port and polish my heads.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 AM

what cam are you going with? who is doing your tune??

Old 07-11-2006, 08:18 AM

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

that is the cam im getting. ill tell you whos doing the tune later. I forgot the name of the company. im going to ask my mechanic

Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM

i just got back from my mechanic. the company that is doing to dynotuning is called Abacus Racing here in Virginia Beach. He said that he works with them for eveything he does. I heard a lot of good things about them from other people too.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:55 AM

More money usually means more horsepower, but if your stock heads are ported and gasket matched, you can get pretty impressive rsults.
If you are after a track car, not a street car, go with big port aftermarket heads & cam, but if this is to be a street car, be carefull not to put in too much cam & ported heads may be all you want.

Quick Reply: Car Work