Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Car Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Car Work

Man that's quite the shopping list you've got runnin' for your car there! That's gonna be one real nice 'Vette!! I do agree with Tacky and his assessment... we have had a lot of luck just porting and polishing heads on street cars before... just doing that alone can really make the heads flow a *LOT* better, and you can actually feel the results.... can't wait to hear how it all shakes out for you!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Thank you guys. I really do appreciate the support and encouragement. The shop that i took it to said it was only going to be one weeks time to do all of that. I thought that it sounded kinda shakey, but i believed them. Then, at the one week mark, i called them and they told me that they should have it done in another week because they still hadnt gotten the engine back from the machine shop. Then, a day before the 2 week mark, i checked in to see how things were going and they told me they still hadnt gotten it back yet so now they are saying that i should have it back by the end of this week. I dont think im going to take my car here again. It isnt that i dont believe them, but its the fact that if they wouldve told me to begin with that it could take anywhere up to a month, i wouldve believed them and said "ok, do what you have to" and that wouldve been the end of it. Now, i am VERY lucky that my step dad bought a beater truck a while back and he is letting me drive his nissan sentra to work. If it werent for him having 2 vehicles, i would be SOL because of these guys. Anyway, ill let you know what the verdict is when i get the darned car back.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Oh MAN!!! [:@] That kinda stuff ticks me right off, too!! Like you, I'd rather hear the truth goin' in, so you don't get all disappointed when it's not ready... not to mention the pain in the patootie from havin' to borrow another vehicle!!

So long as you are OK in havin' a car to get around in, and these guys are doin' the job RIGHT, then you should be real happy once she's out and ready for ya to roll in again! Keep us posted on progress, my friend!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM

was up, with all the work you got done to the car i've would except it to be 1 month or more. relax the car will make for any wait.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:05 PM

I know it will probably take that long, that isnt the point. The point is, they shouldnt have told me something if they didnt know what they were talking about. How, as a business owner, are you going to tell someone, "This is only going to take a week" and then it takes a month? That just isnt good business. I am pretty sure that most people would be happy knowing the truth and accepting it rather than hearing lies and then being upset when their car isnt ready.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

I know it will probably take that long, that isnt the point. The point is, they shouldnt have told me something if they didnt know what they were talking about. How, as a business owner, are you going to tell someone, "This is only going to take a week" and then it takes a month? That just isnt good business. I am pretty sure that most people would be happy knowing the truth and accepting it rather than hearing lies and then being upset when their car isnt ready.
*nods* I wholeheartedly agree.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:35 AM

your right, but that was alot of work. i didn't mean you were rushing. they should have let you known what time it was going to take. i guess i would be mad to.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM

Just an update, Summit sent me the wrong cam for my car. They apparently sent a big block cam. I got that taken care of a few days ago and the shop got the new cam today and installed it. Then i found out that when they were putting the oil pump in, they didnt have a new Pick-Up Tube for it. i had to call summit and then melling and then summit again to order the part. Then i found out that the part is going to take at least until wednesday to get there. The shop wanted my car finished by tuesday and now it isnt going to happen apparently. Then, the owner of the shop told me that my waterpump was shot. I just spent another 200 on a new water pump and now that im going WAY over what i wanted to spend, i might finally get my car back next thursday. This is upsetting lol.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:44 PM

Oh Sweet Murphy, dude! I have never seen someone go through such woes as you have lately! Good Lord... on the bright side, think how AWESOME she'll be once you get 'er back. She's gonna be like brand new!

I am truly sorry for how much grief you've had on this. I would go right squirrely if that happened to me...

Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Dude,
Sorry to hear about the probs!!! Ya know...... It seems to go that way most the time. I know your just chompin' at the bit to roar down the road. I'm doin' a major engine upgrade myself. Can't seem to put in the time to get it done, when I want it, like,........... LAST WEEK!!!!!

Quick Reply: Car Work