Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Car Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Default RE: Car Work

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Dude,
Sorry to hear about the probs!!! Ya know...... It seems to go that way most the time. I know your just chompin' at the bit to roar down the road. I'm doin' a major engine upgrade myself. Can't seem to put in the time to get it done, when I want it, like,........... LAST WEEK!!!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, 454 'Vette!!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Well, i went to the shop today to see what was going on because they told me i should come up there. When i got up there, they basically had my car put back together aside from the valve covers on the engine and all the other stuff that comes with that being taken off, the tranny was still out and of course the exhaust was off. They are putting all of that on tomorrow and putting everything back together and then on the schedule for saturday is Abacus Racing to Dynotune my car. They said they are hoping to be pushing anywhere from 400-450 to the fly. Which means they are looking at maybe 380 to the wheels!!! I was ecstatic when i heard that. So, if everything goes according to plan, i should be in my completely rebuilt 94 coupe this weekend

Old 08-12-2006, 06:28 PM

Just to let everyone know, I FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK!!!! It only took them a month and 6 days LOL!! I was sooo happy when i get it back. But, now i am finding little things wrong with it that make it so i will never take my car back to them after this past project. First off, THEY PUT A STICKER ON MY CAR!!! I wouldnt mind it so much if they asked me and i said yes... But i NEVER got a phone call or anything from them asking me if they could put one of their stickers on my car. Plus, i really dont like putting stickers on my vehicle. Luckily, they are cheap stickers and it came right off. Then, as i was looking at my engine to make sure everything was put bakc together coorectly as far as i could see, i noticed that the passenger side fuel rail cover was cracked in half and then GLUED back together... they tried to cover it up and not have to buy me a new one. On top of all of this, i was supposed to get my car back on thursday but when he brought it to my house (i didnt pick it up) we realized that the idiot that put my car back together put the sparkplug wires on so that they were touching the headers. that lasted about 15 minutes until the wires just melted about halfway through. So they took it back and brought it back to me on Friday which was my birthday!! IM 20 YEARS OLD NOW!!!! YAY!!!! BUT, they put new 8mm wires on there, i had 8.8's. Which means, i spent about $85 on the wires i bought, and then they replaced them with $50 wires. not like it makes that much of a difference in my opinion, but its the principle. Anyway, thats enough from me. If you are located in the 7-Cities area of south-eastern virginia and you want to know where i took my car so you can avoid this place, just ask and ill give you their info.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Well, guys... I just dropped my car off at my mechanics shop today. He is a close friend that owns his own shop so it will definately be good work.........
So much for that frienship!
I'd make them buy the right wires and cover and you better be real carefull driving. if they were that tacky and incompetent to leave visable stuff, what did they do or not do inside?

Oh yea...Happy birthday kido.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

if they were that tacky and incompetent to leave visable stuff, what did they do or not do inside?

Oh yea...Happy birthday kido.
Haha, i completely agree with you on the "Dont drive it so hard" thing. I definately havent been and probably wont. I am gonna take it to a corvette specialty shop and get their opinion on wether the work is good or if it couldve been better. Thanks for the Happy birthday too.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:55 PM

Happy Happy Birthday, dude! Nice prezzie on gettin' the 'Vette back.. FINALLY!! Good Lord, those guys made your car a career move... LOL

I am so sorry to hear of the problems here, bro. If it were me, I'd really make sure that they fix the things they broke, like that fuel rail etc. And that sticker.... [:@] yeh.... that's terrible. You don't do that to people's cars without their approval...

But, the good news is the beast is back!!! WOOOT! [8D]

Old 08-14-2006, 07:09 PM

YES SIR!!! The "BEAST" is back lol!! This thing hasnt even been dynotuned or broken in and it MOOOOVES lol. Now i need to get an intake and exhaust to help it breath a little better. After that, it should really open her up nicely. Thanks for the congratulations TopSpeed

Old 08-14-2006, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

YES SIR!!! The "BEAST" is back lol!! This thing hasnt even been dynotuned or broken in and it MOOOOVES lol. Now i need to get an intake and exhaust to help it breath a little better. After that, it should really open her up nicely. Thanks for the congratulations TopSpeed
What a relief to read one of your posts, with you ACTUALLY IN THE CAR for a change!! Can't wait to hear how the dyno goes, and what your next steps are, my friend. Keep us posted!!!