Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

CCM codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Default CCM codes

Hi all,
I'm still trying to track down my LCD dash problem. Using the shop manual I deleated all the CCM codes to start from scratch. I drove the car an hour agan to get the speedo to scramble as it always does. I checked the codes again hoping to narrow the problem down. To my suprise even though the problem occured there was no faults recorded. I retrived the codes using the dash read out method as per the manual. Are there some codes that canonly be read with a seperate code reader or am I getting all the codes I'm going to get through the dash read out.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Ric
Default RE: CCM codes

Hi Mike
I cant help much but there is something on corvette action center how to I cant seem to put a link in I must be computer challenged.
maybe it will help you
good luck
Ric W

Old 11-16-2007, 08:00 AM

Mike,

Any luck with your problem, I have the same problem with my speedo, gas, and MPG readout. I can't seem to find a fix action anywhere.

Charlie

Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Charlie,

No luck yet![:@] I've replaced the ECM , had the speedo completely apart and inspected it for bad solder joints and resoldered many of the main joints, checked the main multi pin connector to the speedo for loose or broken wires with no luck. Now I'm looking towards the CCM under the dash for bad connections or maybe a bad CCM itself. The problem is that the CCM is deep under the dash and it's going to take alot of work to get to it. What you discribed about your speedo is identical to my problem. I'm affraid I'll have to replace or rebuild the speedo and or the CCM in order to solve the problem or worse replace the wire harness. I'l let you know if I find anything and hopefully vise versa.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Mike,

I've replaced the speedo cluster, still have the problem so its not the speedo. What is a CCM?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM

Charlie,

The CCM is the central control modual or body control mod. It is the main computer that controls most if not allthe dash electronics: speedo, AC, radio, air bags ect. It comunicates to everything and everything to it. I'm no expert, this is just what I've learned from the shop manual I bought, (a good investment)!! The manual seems to point towards a ground short between the speedo and the CCM but, it's all hard to get at and is going to take time and alot of pations I fear. If you say It's not the speedo and a short can not be found then Ecklers can rebuildCCM's for around $350 I think.[:@] By the way my vette is a 1990, what year is yours?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Mike,

Thanks for the info. What shop manual did you buy and is it easy to understand for dummies like me to read and understand? My vette is 1991.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Charlie,
I bought my manual from www.helminc.com fot about $125. It's worth every penny! It's the same manual that the dealers have and it's big! Diagrams, instructions, specs, service bulitins, and trouble shooting help. It's not to bad to understand for the most part and sure answered alot of questions for me. It's a great help to locate most things in the car.