Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Corvette Wave

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Default Corvette Wave

Now, I have had my corvette for a while, and my father had a 78 Stingray. So i know all about the corvette wave and i think it is a wonderful tradition because it makes you feel like you are really part of something special. But for some reason, here in virginia beach, anyone that DOESNT have a C1-C4 doesnt feel like they are obligated to wave. Basically what im saying is that the people with C5's and C6's are jerks. They are cocky because they think that are better because their car is newer and it just gives me the impression that they really know nothing about their car or the tradition that comes along with it and that they just bought it because of the name corvette and wanted to let everyone know they have money. I mean, i know that there are definately people with stingrays that dont wave, but they are just @$$holes and those numbers are limited. Ive had my car for a little under a year and ive had more c5's not wave then all the other cars wave PLUS people comment me put together. I just feel it is very ridiculous. Anyone else care to comment?

Old 04-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Default RE: Corvette Wave

I can get some c6's to wave

The c5 drivers can never get off their cell phone long enough to notice

Old 04-24-2006, 03:47 AM

i would have to agree with that black,i do my part i wave regardless,alot of owners are yuppies and just dont no the deal,you no what i say f**k them,snobs...........

Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 AM

I think it is a personality thing. I have had good and bad experience with all years, but find most 'vette owners in my area reciprocate. People are people, some are into it, some are not and some just don't have a clue.

markone

Old 04-24-2006, 12:22 PM

well said.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 PM

Black - you hit the nail on the head!

It seems as though a lot of C5 & C6 drivers wonder why am I waving at them for. They just look like "do I know that person? Do they THINK they know me or are they waving at someone else?" JERKS! This is why we all need a cannon mounted somewhere on our cars - KABLOOEY - "there is YOUR wave pal!"

Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM

Exactly, like i said, im from Virginia Beach and we are a large resort area and we have what we call "The Strip" which is basically like Las Vegas during the summer without the gambling. there are cars of every sort down there. everytime i go down there i take my top off and get at least a few "nice car" comments. and the ONLY time ive ever been waved at by a C5 or a C6 was when i was down there because the speed limit is 25 when in reality the traffic moves MUCH slower so you pass within 2 feet so they cant help but wave. I agree with Lees "cannon" idea. That would definately lower the number of C5's and C6's around my area.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 PM

I hear you here in NE Wisconsin as well. I also have a Harley. I love all bikes and wave at anyone who's enjoying the sport. But even with the Harley some don't wave. The problem with either one is that some folks buy a Vette or a Harley as a status symbol. They are just posers. I love my Vette. It's not perfect but I give er all the TLC it wants and it treats me good back. There is a feeling you get when driving your vette. If you aren't getting the feeling, go buy a minivan. Everytimre I leave the driveway is like the first time. The sound of the exhaust, the long low look down the shinny red hood, the feel of the torque as i squease the throttle. It all says Corvette. I wave. I wave to all Vettes and to all bikes when I'm on my Harley. I'd rather be the one who knows than the one who poses. (I wish I could have made that ryhme)

So heres to ya all. I'm not shy!! A BIG WAVE from a fellow Vette lover !

Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: crvttbass

So heres to ya all. I'm not shy!! A BIG WAVE from a fellow Vette lover !
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:30 AM

you know i really didnt notice this until i just read this thread. you are correct. i have waved at C5's (havent seen a C6 yet..lol), and they dont wave! geez. fellow C4's do almost always. and i live in a rural area where there is not many around. heck im the only one in my town that has one, and even people that are not driving them, wave. lol. the only C5 that has ever waved back was my bud that belongs to the same corvette club i do. lmao.

Quick Reply: Corvette Wave