Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Corvette Wave

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Default RE: Corvette Wave

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Hi all, I'm a new vette owner(2weeks) I got my first wave right in front of a chevy dealership from a guy in a brand new vette(c-6?). It was cool. I've ridden bikes alot in the past and bikers always wave, harley or rice burner, doesn't matter. This guy must have been a repeat customer. It's cool to belong to the "Fraternal order of 'vette owners". I love my new car. Just for the record I lucked out getting my new '87 C4 I'm proud of it. you all might get a kick out of this,I traded my a$$hole ex-wifes diamond ring for it....cool huh? Perhaps she really was good for something other than spending money.

lol......Yep like said send her a pic. If they dont wave back give em the bird....and a hard rev....

Old 02-22-2007, 04:04 AM

I don't think people realize thatas avette owner you automatically have the responsibility of representing the Vette name - which includes butis not limited to...waving to other vette owners, legally putting the smack down on ricers, buying a procharger for a certain special someone with a red 91 C4, and praying every night to the Z06 Gods. Feel free to add to my list.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:46 PM

ive had 31 vettes since 1968 oldest was 1960 newest 1998 & i just sold a 65 vert ive been waving since the 60s if they dont wave back thats probably cuz they,re to busy checking the mirror to see if they are cool but not all c5 owners can be tossed into the same group some of them are just ignorant of that tradition- so if you have the opportunity educate em dont condemn em after all their not driving bmw or porsches right? SAVE THE WAVE!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 95trplblkandtan

Im in agreement with all the post. but i do appreciate the few c5s and c6s that do wave. I got my first vette when i was 17 (23 now and on #2). When i bought it (a beige 77 with random gray primer spots all over it) my friends said it looked like a dying dalmation or something. my dad and i did a lot of work to it and in a year it looked great, but when i drove by a new c5 and they waved, it really made me feel like a part of something, especially being so young and my car not looking to great. If those rich bastards want to show off their money, tell them to go buy a hummer or escalade and but some big rims on it, and stay away from our vettes.
Great post! Our Corvette certainly ain't Concourse quality either, I drive it each and every day... but, it is our pride and joy and we take great great pride in it, so yeh, I completely agree....

ORIGINAL: C4Explosives

I don't think people realize thatas avette owner you automatically have the responsibility of representing the Vette name - which includes butis not limited to...waving to other vette owners, legally putting the smack down on ricers, buying a procharger for a certain special someone with a red 91 C4, and praying every night to the Z06 Gods. Feel free to add to my list.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!! I think you done went and summed that up real well, myself! *mad applause*

BTW, does your S/O peruse the boards here, my friend??!? I sense a smatterin' of a birthday/Christmas wish list in your post, there....

Old 02-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Wow, long thread. I gotta tell ya, I agree with black. I wave but don't always get reciprocation from C5/C6 owners. There's another Z06 in the area that the driver just stares when I wave. There's another red Z06 around town with a girl driving that will not even look in my direction. Theres a very sharp red C2 vert around town that actually honks when I see him.

I don't get this when I'm on my bike. Even though I'm riding what is basically a street legal dirt bike, I still get the wave from almost all other riders, regardless of what type of machine they are on.

Sometimes, after I've been driving the vette for a few days and I'm back in my camary, I'll forget and wave at a vette. Ya know what? They don't wave back.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: riley

Sometimes, after I've been driving the vette for a few days and I'm back in my camary, I'll forget and wave at a vette. Ya know what? They don't wave back.
God, bro, I did just the exact same thing the other day in my wife's Dodge!! It even took me a couple seconds to realize it.... "Maaaan, another Vette owner who doesn't wave bac.... oh.... wait.... I'm in the Dodge!!!"

Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 PM

Hi,guys.Simply put;KEEP THE WAVE ALIVE!!!!!! We have what I believe to be the greatest sports car ever,let us all still acknowledge those of us who drive newer ones and do not know about the great tradition the WAVE has been.Hopefully,we'll educate them and they will realize what owning a Corvette really means.The ones that don't get it?Screw 'em! They have theirs as a status thing.It means nothing to them;just a fancy car they can cruise around in and brag to their friends about.Not us!!!We love the Corvette!!! One more thing:For the longest time there has been this ad for the Vette.You know what it says? THE ONLY SPORTS CAR THAT MATTERS!!!!! I think,my friends,that says it all.May God bless you and yours,your friend(after some personal things), Joe. LONG LIVE THE C4!!!!!