Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Corvette Wave

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Corvette Wave

LOL I actually had posted this on another corvette forum after a long list of replies to someone that was interested in purchasing a 40th and there just seemed to be sooo much in common to what many of you have mentioned on this thread I figured what the heck so I went and copied my post from there and pasted it below...[sm=groupwave.gif] SAVE THE WAVE or go buy a ford LOL !!!

So you are looking to buy a vette, if you are a true corvette person at heart you will walk up to the car and buy if it is what you want....PERIOD !! Yes theres a LOT of things to consider when buying a car but your not just buying a "car" you are buying a Corvette, you are buying that car that you have dreamt about ! Just like ALL cars they will have more mechanical problems the older they are and having lower miles DOES NOT always mean you won't have those problems, what you will have is more cosmetic problems...if you are just looking to buy a cosmetically and mechanically perfect corvette with no miles to put away in a climate controlled bubble your not a corvette person, you're an investor go back to Barret Jackson and keep spending STUPID amounts of money !!! (I am using you and you're in a VERY broad sense and not directed to anyone in general LOL) My intentions are not to offend anyone on here, I'm sure that nearly everyone that took the time to find a corvette only website and forums is at least a corvette enthusiast at heart and they love to drive !!! My apologies for the somewhat negative post its just that I was born and raised around corvettes in my dads body shop specializing in corvettes, I have fiberglass in my veins...real fiberglass LOL...and with all the nuevo-vette owners that drive a corvette simply because they have the money and think that just driving a corvette gives them "prestige" as a corvette owner makes me ill....Don't forget WE are a special breed of car nuts....LOL when you pass another corvette on the road WAVE !!! We are family and hope to see you all at the gatherings and shows, showing off your pride and joy, get out there and DRIVE !!! SAVE THE WAVE !!! O.K. I'm done LOL again my apologies if I have offended anyone but if I did, than you are probably the kind of person that doesn't wave at the rest of us in traffic.......[sm=groupwave.gif]

Tony B.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:18 PM

WELL I HAD THE DAY OFF AND TOOK THE VETTE OUT FOR A NICE RIDE, TOP OFF HAIR BLOWING,OOPS I HAVE NO HAIR [BALD] BY CHOICE,BASS PUMPING,I DROVE BY 3 C-5's TODAY AND NEVER GOT A WAVE,I EVEN PULLED UP ON SIDE OF ONE MADE HIM PUT HIS WINDOW DOWN AND I ASKED HIM IF HIS ARM WAS BROKEN, HE REPLIED WHAT? I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE WAVE, HE DID NOT NO ABOUT IT, I WOULD SAY HE WAS ABOUT 55 YEARS OLD,AND I WOULD SAY HE COULD GIVE A S**T ABOUT THE WAVE, WELL JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD NO A LITTLE ABOUT MY DAY, AND I WANT TO KEEP THIS POST ALIVE[sm=hiya.gif],A BIG WAVE TO ALL

Old 05-05-2006, 12:56 AM

Yeah... I let my neighbor take mine for a spin because he used to have a 75 Sting Ray and when i told him about the wave he said that he didnt know about it, he said that he just kinda waves at everyone. But he said when he took it out, on his 3 mile trip he saw 4 vettes(he didnt tell me the years because i dont think he knows too much about them.) and he said that all of them waved at him. Then i get in my car and everyone decides its time to be d**kheads... Well, just thought that might be a good addition

Old 05-14-2006, 08:01 PM

from a humble old bugger, I have a harley and do the wave, have a 84 corvette and wave, question is there a special wave or is it just a wave to say HI nice car good to see ya wave. In Montana most everybody waves just because your glad to see someone else on the road with ya. Thanks to all for just being good people.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 PM

It isnt like a special wave... it is just kind of a "Hey, we have the same kind of car and they are A True American Tradition and Legacy" wave. Yeah, Virginia Beach is probably the exact opposite of Montana. Every tenth car is a Corvette and theres probably more people in this city than there are in your state. But its still good to wave at everyone with a Corvette.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM

WELL PUT BLACK,I HAD ONE C-5 WAVE TO ME TODAY,I JUST ABOUT CRASHED MY CAR WHEN HE WAVED TO ME, ALMOST HAD A STROKE...LOL

Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

I've never had issues with people not waving, unless they don't see me. Everybody around here that has a Corvette is a member of Valley Corvettes anyway, so we all know each other somewhat. (valleycorvettes.org) I'm sorry to hear about people that don't wave, it's an awesome tradition that is not shared by any other automobile that I know of.
-Paul

Old 05-19-2006, 01:10 AM

had two vettes pass me today one c-4 got a wave,and a c-6 no wave,i think i will get a wave pole started.what do you think?[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 05-19-2006, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: hangn7

from a humble old bugger, I have a harley and do the wave, have a 84 corvette and wave, question is there a special wave or is it just a wave to say HI nice car good to see ya wave. In Montana most everybody waves just because your glad to see someone else on the road with ya. Thanks to all for just being good people.
The first person to tell me about the corvette wave was ironically a c-5 owner...but they worked for chevorlet and this was not their first corvette so i guess thats ok.

Anyways, she said if there ever was a corvette wave, its with one hang on top of the steering wheel (as i drive 95% of the time) and just raising the fingers up....therefore not takign hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. So that will be sufficient to get you the wave points. anything more than and i guess its a very enthusiastic wave. having said all that, there is NO EXCUSE NOT TO WAVE.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 PM

I like the poll idea. Speaking of the devil, yesterday I pulled into a parking lot and a pewter C5 convertible was coming my way from the left side. I looked and waved, and the two guys just looked at me, no return wave given. They are probably clueless.

Quick Reply: Corvette Wave