Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

DelcoBOSE sound system

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
DAR
Default DelcoBOSE sound system

The BOSE radio in my vehicle needs your help. Once accepting a CD it will eject it in about 20 seconds with ERR on the display. Two of my speakers make very loud squealing and rapping noises. HELP!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: DelcoBOSE sound system

I got some advice for you....DITCH IT!!! I did. Alphine speakers up front two twelve sonys in the back with 2 4x6 in the wheel wells by kenwood in the back to along with a kenwood amp. I have the speakers and a pioneer CD player for sale that goes with the bose. All which work. I just have to have the loud bass for my taste though. Hope it works out for you if you repair but I do suggest going to something.....anything....other than bose![&:]

Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 AM

I had the same problem as you DAR, and I found that CDs which you recorded yourself will not play in the BOSE stereo system unless I was doing something wrong, e.g., not recording under "text" or MP3. This may be stupid, me asking this, but did you clean the laser? In my opinion, BOSE is a very good sound system; don't give up on it yet; it wasn't the system of choice forCorvette for nothing. I took mine to a goodstereo shop and they told me that it needed a good cleaning, which they did at no charge. Good luck with your problem.

mypetu39

Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

I got some advice for you....DITCH IT!!! I did. Alphine speakers up front two twelve sonys in the back with 2 4x6 in the wheel wells by kenwood in the back to along with a kenwood amp. I have the speakers and a pioneer CD player for sale that goes with the bose. All which work. I just have to have the loud bass for my taste though. Hope it works out for you if you repair but I do suggest going to something.....anything....other than bose![&:]
how much you looking to get, any pics?
do the speakers and cd work with the original bose or are they an entirely seperate unit, i am slightly confused by the post.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:22 PM

I have the same problem...put in my CD, get an err message and very difficult to get out. It just keeps wrrrrring in there. Maybe I'll take it to get a cleaning job before considering a whole new unit. I really don't think it sounds all that great anyway.

Ron

Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 PM

Its the pioneer CD player out of midamerica motorworks magazine. All four speakers ARE<<<< Bose. The CD PLAYER "IS" for use on BOSE ONLY! So dont go mis-matching it. They sell one for ose units and non bose units. It just plugs in the connectors in your already dash. Well it did for me....Now I bought the kenwood CD player. Its alot more compact and lightfilled. Part # is 611-152. It says in the book to specify year and bose or withouut bose. My vette isa 86 with bose equipped. I just have the four speakers and the CD player....Ill sell it for 450.00 + shipping. Depending on shipping, maybe we can work a deal where your location is. I need to get them out.[&:]

Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 AM
cwb

With C4's being so noisy inherently, the Bose speakers that havethe internal amp are the best thing. Those Boses pick up ambient sound from theinterior ofthe car, and play it back in it's acoustic inverse, which does a very good job of silencing the noise in the interior.

When they bail on ya', they docost alot to repair!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM

If your having trouble with your Bose send it to Doctor Dons - he is the best at working and fixing Bose stereo's and amps http://www.doctordons.com/or I did what Black86Vette did - I ditched it and got Alpine.