Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Distributor rotor screws

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Default Distributor rotor screws

Can someone tell me what kind and size of head is on the rotor screws. I am changing the water pump and capa nd rotor on my 95.I'm at a standstill right now. Looks like a small torx head but i can't get a bit to fit,and I have them all.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Old 01-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Default RE: Distributor rotor screws

mike not sure on a 95 but my 90 is a 1/4 " socket, hope this helps

Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, but these screws do not have a hex head.They have a recession.Tried to take pic so I could see what they are but the shot is to close.Anybody else?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 PM

It's a Torx E4 deep socket. I got mine at the Auto Parts store. I think Vulcan is the brand. You might want to try Snap-on.
I just looked it up in the Snap-on catalog-It's a 1/4" drive deep Torx socket E4
Part # STLE40

Old 01-05-2009, 06:12 AM

Turns out it was a T-8 Torx. The newMSD cap came with allen screws.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 AM

How many miles are on the opti that you put a new cap and rotor on? Why in the world would you just do a cap and rotor when you already had the water pump offand the engine tore down? If your going that deep you might as well do a whole new opti. Spend the extra cash and get a whole new opti instead of spending a couple hundred bucks fopr a cap and rotor which you will probably have to go back and put a whole new opti on sooner more than later. Just replacing the cap and rotor is a waste of time and money........

Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

How many miles are on the opti that you put a new cap and rotor on? Why in the world would you just do a cap and rotor when you already had the water pump offand the engine tore down? If your going that deep you might as well do a whole new opti. Spend the extra cash and get a whole new opti instead of spending a couple hundred bucks fopr a cap and rotor which you will probably have to go back and put a whole new opti on sooner more than later. Just replacing the cap and rotor is a waste of time and money........
what parts sotre do you use couple of hundred for a cap & rotor, man they seen you comming . i just did plugs ,wires ,cap, rotor,& coil for less than70

Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 AM

I have 73000 miles on the 95. It really wasn't that bad of a job. I have a side business repairing.What brand of Opti do you recommend. Stock or aftermarket? The cap and rotor are MSD pieces.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: xfasteddiex

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

what parts sotre do you use couple of hundred for a cap & rotor, man they seen you comming . i just did plugs ,wires ,cap, rotor,& coil for less than70
What brand of cheap parts did you use to get all that done for $70.00? I would never do a cap and rotor but the cheapest I have seen is around $150.00 Hope you didn't use Delphi or AC Delco............

Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: camhar25

I have 73000 miles on the 95. It really wasn't that bad of a job. I have a side business repairing.What brand of Opti do you recommend. Stock or aftermarket? The cap and rotor are MSD pieces.
I have the vented MSD. I have not installed it yet on my '92. I would go MSD but there have been some problems with some of the units lately.

Quick Reply: Distributor rotor screws