Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

GOT MY EXHAUST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Default RE: GOT MY EXHAUST!!!

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Haha, yeah Scotty, I got the majority of them worked out. Hopefully some of the others will be worked out with the tune. I joined another corvetteforum and I have kinda been keeping up with both of them. The other one I joined has a Regional section and so I have been meeting people from my area that have been able to tell me good shops to go to and everything. I still love you guys though, so I am still here! I will keep you guys updated!

Matt
Excellent news, Matt!! I was really concerned for you last year, thinking of all the woe and such you had just trying to get your baby up and running. Please tell me you're out and about enjoying the car, finally??? I really do hope so, my friend. Life is far too short to be Corvette-less.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Hey guys! Just got back from getting my car tuned. Jeff Creech from Carolina Auto Masters in Durham NC did an EXCELLENT job. His guys installed my exhaust (which I think sounds pretty good) and then we started on the tune. I was there from about 12 o clock until about 6, but it was well work it. The first pull on the dyno revealed that I was down AT LEAST one cylinder and that I have a header leak. We temporarily fixed the mis-fire issue, I have to go back soon to get it completely fixed. The first pull was registering about 236.7 RWHP... HORRIBLE!!!!! Then we pulled it again after we adjusted it. 285.0 RWHP. A lot better!! Then the final pull with a bit more fuel, 290 RWHP!! I talked to Jeff afterwards and he told me that next time I come down so that we can fix those problems, the way my engine sits now, I will be pushin around 320-330 to the wheels. Now, I plan on doing a few more upgrades before I go down there, so hopefully we can get those numbers closer to 400!! Thats all for now. Later

Matt

Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Hey guys! Just got back from getting my car tuned. Jeff Creech from Carolina Auto Masters in Durham NC did an EXCELLENT job. His guys installed my exhaust (which I think sounds pretty good) and then we started on the tune. I was there from about 12 o clock until about 6, but it was well work it. The first pull on the dyno revealed that I was down AT LEAST one cylinder and that I have a header leak. We temporarily fixed the mis-fire issue, I have to go back soon to get it completely fixed. The first pull was registering about 236.7 RWHP... HORRIBLE!!!!! Then we pulled it again after we adjusted it. 285.0 RWHP. A lot better!! Then the final pull with a bit more fuel, 290 RWHP!! I talked to Jeff afterwards and he told me that next time I come down so that we can fix those problems, the way my engine sits now, I will be pushin around 320-330 to the wheels. Now, I plan on doing a few more upgrades before I go down there, so hopefully we can get those numbers closer to 400!! Thats all for now. Later

Matt
Hi Matt
Nice meeting you at CAM. Glad you were able to get the problems patched so the tune could be mostly completed. Getting another decent set of plug wires on there, looking at the cap and Opti and you will probably iron out the rest of your ignition issues.

Regards
Richard

Old 01-21-2007, 04:03 AM

Hey! Thanks Richard! I see you have an old picture for your avatar there? One without the HRE's huh? I looked at those rims last night, and they are WAY too rich for my blood haha. Your car looks great though. Its gonna be awesome when they get it back on the road. Maybe if I see you down there when they get it up and running, I will convince you to burn up those tires you're on now . That car is going to be a beast!

Yeah, the ignition and exhaust problems are definately going to have to be worked out. But, I am happy with where I am at right now (at least for another 3 weeks or so ). Next time I go down there, I am bringing my 30# injectors with me and hopefully I will have gotten either 3.54 or 3.73 gears. I also want to invest in a new LT4 intake, or just upgrade the one I have. And also get a 58mm TB. Just a few things to make a difference here and there. Pretty soon I am going to have to start selling drugs or something to support my auto-habit lol.

It was great meeting you too and next time I am coming down there, I will definately let you know and maybe you can stop by and see what I am pushin then! Talk to you later!

Matt