Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Just a quick hi to all

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Default Just a quick hi to all

Hi you all.....just 'ol Joe saying hi here for a second.I just want to say that I wish you all a great new year,hoping the Lord and His Son will bring you the blessings I know you all deserve,no matter where all of you may be.One thing that maybe you can alldo for me,though....please be careful during this wonderful Christmas season......especially tothose of usof "drinking age".Let's be sure if we're out there,we're safe and very careful....let us not forget the very special automobile we have been blessed to enjoy.....and more important,the families we all cherish and love.This time of year,well,it seems some of us may get carried away,for many reasons....just let us all ensure we can always look back and say it was a great time,and all was well,in spite of our overindulgence.Well,just me,saying hello to all of you,hoping you have a tremendously successful and very happy new year.May God Bless and keep all of you on the forum,as well as your families.I shall always be everybody's friend.....Joe. C4's FOREVER!!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Just a quick hi to all

Right back at ya my friend. God bless. Cheers

PS: Don't forget the good folks in our armed forces.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Ric

Thanks Joe I had 18 here(all family) here forChristmas and eight stayed till yesterday.It was great and a white Christmas. Happy New Year to you also.
blueshark I will never forget the men and women of the armed forces. When I returned from Nam the American citizens Threw eggs at us, it hurt. Believe me I will never forget the men and women who serve.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ric, They were just ignorant fools. I lost my Dad in that war and My cousin Got messed up mentally for a while too. You have my thanks and respect, Sir. [sm=usa.gif]God bless you. Cheers

Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 PM

To Ric and Shark....I'm very much almost all alone here in Delaware,except for my new lady....I remember,Ric,when my Dad came back from 'Nam(I'm 37),telling me how people spit at them and threw eggs,raw meat,well,you name it.I served as well,although I was blessed to never have seen the brutality and horrid nature of conflict.My point is,gentlemen,I thank God for the tremendous blessings I have,due to those who have given it all for us....no matter what time it has ever been.It's not just our guys at the present making sure we're free,but all those who came before...I'm very honored to say both my grandfathers served honorably,and in a very small way,preserved the freedom we enjoy as I write this to all of you....but it only has been because God has blessed us all with the greatest nation on earth.Free to pursue our dreams(the Corvette included),to make sure our families are safe and sound,well,you all know what I mean.Anyway,like I said,may God bless you all in this coming new year,hoping all of you are always safe and sound,as well as the treasure that your families are....your good friend....Joe.LONG LIVE THE C4!!!! (especially Polo Green Metallic '96's with Grand Sport wheels and 114,000 miles on them,LOL!!!!)!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

well, when those fools were throwing eggs, just know that some of us were saluting. You have my Thanks as well Joe, Cheers.

[sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif]

Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Ric

Hay guys in no way was I trying to sound bitter it was a long time ago. The people from our country have the right to show there thoughts sometimes it goes a little to far. I don't know why I brought it up except I hope for our troopswe never see this again. I have had a great life and after 32 years of marriage (in 2004)my wife and I were blessed with our daughter who is 3 1/2 now. (you do the math)She has taken a ride in the corvette with her car seat but she through up all over the place.[sm=smiley19.gif]Hoping next year her stomach is stronger.
you all have a happy new year
Ric[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Joe,
Blessings to you and your's, during this New Year.

Ya, my brother took a lot of crap when he got home from "Nam", too.
Though there were a lot of us back then, that supported our fighting men and women.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Ric

Hay guys in no way was I trying to sound bitter it was a long time ago. The people from our country have the right to show there thoughts sometimes it goes a little to far. I don't know why I brought it up except I hope for our troopswe never see this again. I have had a great life and after 32 years of marriage (in 2004)my wife and I were blessed with our daughter who is 3 1/2 now. (you do the math)She has taken a ride in the corvette with her car seat but she through up all over the place.[sm=smiley19.gif]Hoping next year her stomach is stronger.
you all have a happy new year
Ric[sm=signs003.gif]
Hey Ric, I don't think any of us would blame you even if you were bitter at such fools. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Congrats on the 32 years, that's a great thing now-a-days. And congrats on the youngin. Good thing the carpet is synthetic, LOL!

This is the first day of a brand new year. Hope everyone has a great year and then some. Cheers