Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

What kind of hood is this??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Default RE: What kind of hood is this??

I like the vents that go on the hood from ecklers. They look nice and are functional....

Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: drewber

atleast he has a hood... Wish mine did [sm=jawdrop.gif] When I bought my vette, it didnt even start, got it running, and well 2 days later a drunk driver clipped me, i did a full 360 on the highway, i was doing about oh 70ish... well he drove off.... luckily i recovered control of the car in the slow lane facing on comming traffic.. doing about 40... Then I had to Purposly smash my baby into the side of the bridge to avoid hitting a car head on.. Now I need, 4 new tires... (flat spots..) , a new front clip, new impact bar, and a hood.., and 2 wheel bearings that got toasted durring the spin. I limped the car home, no frame damage.. Its going to be expensive to fix, but it could of been worse, some one could of died, or well, if the side of the bridge would of broke, my car might still be swimming...
I am just curios - if the driver drove off then how did you know he was drunk?

Old 04-27-2007, 07:40 PM

well we did stop. Then he got out of the car inspected the damage, I got out and walked up to talk to him about hte incident. He was stumbling etc. When I got close to him, he jumped in his car and took off. I ran back to my car, tried to follow him, but it was near a big interchange here in st louis with 3 highways comming togather etc.

And the fact that it was 3am..

Old 04-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Now I understand. Sorry about your car.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:57 AM

I wouldve beat his face to a pulp....Sorry but if hes drunk he would deserve it...Sorry bout your bad luck. What a imature jerk...Puttnig your life and his life on the line...The car can be replaced you cant...

Old 05-14-2007, 06:34 PM
cwb

A) ghetto
B) minority
C) red[neck]
D) all of the above

Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: drewber

atleast he has a hood... Wish mine did [sm=jawdrop.gif] When I bought my vette, it didnt even start, got it running, and well 2 days later a drunk driver clipped me, i did a full 360 on the highway, i was doing about oh 70ish... well he drove off.... luckily i recovered control of the car in the slow lane facing on comming traffic.. doing about 40... Then I had to Purposly smash my baby into the side of the bridge to avoid hitting a car head on.. Now I need, 4 new tires... (flat spots..) , a new front clip, new impact bar, and a hood.., and 2 wheel bearings that got toasted durring the spin. I limped the car home, no frame damage.. Its going to be expensive to fix, but it could of been worse, some one could of died, or well, if the side of the bridge would of broke, my car might still be swimming...
Mine makes that one a picnic.

Originally Posted by username (cwb)[/align]I am alive.

On Friday, 10/06/06, I was headed to Raleigh to work, and had just left the house. I glanced at the clock (5:52 pm.), and the speedo (55). I looked up, and the other guy was already there. He was 45 - 50 feet away. The police report says oncoming traffic was also at 55 mph. It says he had alcohol. It says also 'fatality'.

It doesn’t take long to close that gap at such speed. I didn’t get my foot off the gas. The report says he was attempting to pass …

I remember the impact. Square, and head-on. Mine stopped there - 55-0 in zero. His got knocked back 15 - 20 feet.

I got pretty wrinkled up. I squeezed the airbag pretty tight too - I think all the way to the steering column. In 2-3 months, I should be okay.

I knew Christ as my saviour before. Still do. I know now that he’s got something for me that he wants done. That’s why I’m alive. He is too.

Good news.[/align]

05/12/07

My wheelchair was picked up 5 weeks ago. I wasn't tearful.

I haven't used a crutch for 2 weeks now. AND, I was able to push my lawnmower. I'm bipedal again, but I still got a strut that is SO ghetto.

Be happy. You don't know when your time will come.

Rocket cars, and space launches put you in 3.5 - 4 g situations. My stop was about 14.5 g's. No seat belt. Just the bag. And Jesus Christ.