Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Default delete

How the heck do you delete this stuff ??

Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Default RE: New to Forum, please advise:

ORIGINAL: PANTHYR07

Greetings!

I am new to this website which is AWESOME !!!

I am having some problems finding my way around, like how to delete messages or what the little symbols
mean ...?

Could somebody please advise.

Thank sooo much.

Peace,

Panthyr
First of all, welcome to the forum!! Could you be a little more specific as to what you mean by deleting messages,.....and also which symbols you're referring to. I'd like to be of assistance but I'm a bit confused about what you mean.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks sooo much for responding. OK, how about the little yellow circle on the right of my headline. What is that? Or, how about the little icons to the left, some are flashing and some are not ??
In deleting a message, like what if I want to delete one of my "posts," can I do that or is it there forever?
Some people have awesome pictures of their rides.
Nonetheless, this site rocks.
Panthyr

Old 01-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Thanks sooo much for responding. OK, how about the little yellow circle on the right of my headline. What is that? Or, how about the little icons to the left, some are flashing and some are not ??
In deleting a message, like what if I want to delete one of my "posts," can I do that or is it there forever?
Panthyr
Hey, no problem Tad!!

If you'll notice up abovein this reply I'm posting, I've quoted what you siad in your last reply. This is something you can do by clicking on the icon "quote" in the upper right corner. When you have a thread that has many reply's in it, you can pick out a specific post that you want to reply to by clicking on that icon in their post.

If you post a reply and then realize you need to correct something on it, (ie. misspelled words/ forgot a word, or even changed your mind) you can click the icon that says: "edit". That will take you back to your reply.

That little yellow circle lets you know if there are anynew messages or not. If you take your mouse andhold the arrow on that one or any other icon, often times it will tell you what the icon means. If you're referring to the icons on the left when you're posting, those are little smileys you can use to express your tone when leaving a message. For example; if I make a statement about something I don't like, I'll use this icon [:'(]at the end of that statement. Or if I'm happy, I'll leave this one. I hope this is what you're referring to bud. If not, then I guess I'm feeling a little like this....[&:]

**EDIT**Now if you'll notice, I misspelled the word "said" in my first sentence. I seen that after submitting this post and came back to fix it, but instead I'm using it as an example of what you can do by clicking the "edit" button!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Default Smileys

Arch (hope that's your name)!

Thank you for explaining , that was cute with your smileys.
Just out of curiosity, what does MMA stand for in your Member Profile ??

Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Smileys

Wish I had a heated garage. Is it bad that my car has been molested?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 AM

I would Never, NEVER ever never ever molest my car

Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 AM

Old 01-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Wish I had a heated garage. Is it bad that my car has been molested?

As long as it was good for you and she didn't mind...

Old 01-25-2007, 03:59 AM

Panthyr
Only mods can delete/move post and threads...if you would like something deletedjust send me a PM or emailwith a link to what you want deleted and I willbe more than happy to help you out.