Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

ecklers corvette parts suck!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Default ecklers corvette parts suck!!!!!!!!!

I ordered accessories last night on the net did the whole check out and everything confirmation# and all called them this morning to check to see if item has shipped they said oh buy the way yur total is not 67.59 its 571.99 they claimed that they had the internet price marked wrong my argument is its not my fault they had it marked wrong I bought it at the price that was stated and therefore i should pay that price well i cancelled my order and told them to take me out of there computer system and take there corvette parts and shove it i was a loyal customer to them but no more corvette central has received all my buisness plus there cheaper!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: ecklers corvette parts suck!!!!!!!!!

The $500 difference wasn't a red flag when you ordered.

This is why I never order online, I always talk to a person and order, because ordering online , there is no way to confirm items are in stock, and it takes a couple days to process, also, vendors like to run credit card numbers 2 times, instead of once , and this causes problems because it holds whatever amount theyenter it for, (lets say the incompitant person on the other end enters your card number and amount, and thinks its a mistake and then enters it again even though it wasnt a mistake, well now your card has been charged twice, or at least the card holds the total amount until the correct amount is taken out for delivery, but it still limits your available cash you had on that card, and if you use a debit card where it comes out of your checking account, well then your screwed if you are tight in your checking account and have other checks that need to be cashed)

Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Default RE: ecklers corvette parts suck!!!!!!!!!

My experience with Ecklers has been that this company has a great deal to learn about customer service. They are quick when it is to their advantage and VERY slow to rectify problems. Corvette Central, on the other hand, cooperated with me and remedied a minor problem quickly. Guess whose catalogue is saved and whose is tossed.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM

I too just had a bad experience with Ecklers, ordered a car cover & but it didn't fit for crap. Although I have purchased several other covers over the years they wouldn't do a thing for me or even give me the coutesy of a response. Very unprofessional & I too will no longer do business with them. I also will not hesitate to relay this experience with any one I come in contact with & I frequent allot of shows. Go Mid-America & Corvette Central. Boycott Ecklers!!!!!

Last edited by mrscribner; 02-03-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:31 AM

Ecklers is unacceptable not only in service but also in quality. They sell live threatening quality suspension and steering linkage parts, probably made in somewhere in Asia - and quality control seams to be an unknown therm to them. They don't care, even if you tell them; I did, and it didn't change anything! Just forget this company and buy original parts made in USA where ever you can, you will end up buying them anyway after you had to trash the Eckler's parts (if they didn't kill you before!)

Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by dmanola2001
I ordered accessories last night on the net did the whole check out and everything confirmation# and all called them this morning to check to see if item has shipped they said oh buy the way yur total is not 67.59 its 571.99 they claimed that they had the internet price marked wrong my argument is its not my fault they had it marked wrong I bought it at the price that was stated and therefore i should pay that price well i cancelled my order and told them to take me out of there computer system and take there corvette parts and shove it i was a loyal customer to them but no more corvette central has received all my buisness plus there cheaper!!!
Now let me get this straight: You bought something that was almost 1/10 the price it should be because the vendor made a mistake and when they realize their mistake and inform you of the actual price, you go ballistic? Put yourself in their shoes for a minute. If you were selling a stainless steel Borla cat-back exhaust system for $800 and inadvertently listed it as costing $100, wouldn't you expect your customer to understand that you would lose a huge chunk of money if you actually sold the exhaust system for $100?
A while back, an employee for Bob Baker Lexus, while cleaning a loaner car, mistakenly installed the wrong floor mat in it. The family in the car was killed and their relatives, after suing Toyota for no mistake of its own and receiving millions of dollars, are now sueing the dealership to put them out of business. This is the same dealership that is owned by a guy who donates heavily to charities. When the car's occupents' kin were asked how they could justify going after everyone and everything for millions upon millions of dollars, they replied that "it's not about the money" and that by punishing Toyota and the dealership so severely, they would learn a valuable lesson.
The point I'm trying to make is that people who often earn a pittance for pay do make mistakes. This is no reason to go ballistic, especially when in all probability, the error was not made maliciously (bad intent).

I have ordered many times from Ecklers over the years, both for my 68 and my 01. They have always treated me as a valuable customer. I do agree that in some cases, employee turnover can result in some customer dissatisfaction but as I mentioned, the actual owner may not be aware of their employee's inability to set things right or at least explain to the customer if there is an error.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Default Eckler's service

I am agreement with the other postings in this blog. I ordered a steering column switch. The part was shipped wrong 4 times. The parts boxes were
labeled as the switch and contained a horn instead. After repeated emails asking for the shipment to be checked before shipment I repeatedly got shipped the wrong part. Frustrating. I will find another more reliable parts vendor that meets "the customer" needs.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Angry Corvette america??????? I dont think so!

Purchased white leather seat covers for a 1993 40th anniversary corvette which is a bright white, cost me 599.00 and they send me off white leather seat covers that matches a 88 35th anniversary and say my color of bright white does not exist! I sent them pictures of other cars of this year including mine and they still cant figure it out, and they want to charge me for new ones and say the only color that is bright white is from a mid 60s vette??? Corvette central shows the correct white for 92 and 93 only. Corvette america should maybe use corvette centrals magazine!!!! Had nothing but a big runaround corvette central will get my business from now on!!! THEY SAID I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT THEM, WELL I FIGURE WHEN YOU BUY FROM A CORVETTE DISTRIBUTOR AND GIVE THEM THE CORRECT YEAR IT SHOULD BE WRITE, GUESS NOT!!

Last edited by vetteworld; 08-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM

agreed..........very poor customer service after the sale. I purchased over $20,000 of parts for a Corvette I was rebuilding and they wouldn't take back $300 of core parts becuase I was 3 days over my limit of 30 days to return the parts. I was looking at some costs today to buy some more parts and just used Ecklers for comparisons, Corvette Central is more accomodating and offers a better price. So long Ecklers.