Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

I'm back after yet another loss

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Default RE: I'm back after yet another loss

Truely sorry to hear about both of your loses this year. The one thing I always say is you gotta remember that "Life Goes On." No matter what happens in your life you have to try to find a way to get through it and never stop, because life will never stop for you. Despite everything I hope you have a great holiday and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Truely sorry to hear about both of your loses this year. The one thing I always say is you gotta remember that "Life Goes On." No matter what happens in your life you have to try to find a way to get through it and never stop, because life will never stop for you. Despite everything I hope you have a great holiday and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.
Thanks a lot man,I agree with you 100%. It's always tough to deal with the loss of a loved one, and even more difficult when two members of the family die so close to each other. I'm sure that with the support I'm getting and also the support I'm giving, I'll be able to get through this. I learned a long time ago that there's nothing we can do to change the past. It's what we do now that's important. I think ifI were to hold on to everything that's happened here recently and just stuff it down inside, I'd probably lose my mind. So thanks for the words of encourgement,.....it's very good of advice!!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM

<<<<<<<<<Thanks Rita, I really appreciate your reply. I'm very sorry for you and your husbands loss as well. I can understand now that the substances don't help the situation, and that's because I've learned a lot since getting sober. But the thought of using something to ease the pain when something like this happens will probably never go away. I just know how to resond to things now instead of reacting to them. Living alone has been a bit of a struggle during this time, so yes, being able to come here and spend time expressing my feelings is a very good thing for me right now. After my father passed away, I decided to sell my Condo and move to Southern Oregon so that I wouldn't have as much temptation to look up my old friends when things happen. (I know you can't run from your problems, but I thought a fresh start someplace new would do me good) I also have a big portion of my family here so that's another reason I chose this place.>>>>>>>>>>> >>
Hi Arch,
Thanks for your kind words. You are right, the thought of turning to something to ease the pain never goes away, but for me the memories of how short the high is and how bad the crash is always stops me. I had some very tramatic stuff happen to me when I was a teenager and it took years to heal emotionally, but I have found a lot of comfort in my faith and in my pets. Pets are so great; they love you unconditionally and are always happy to see you. That is a lot more than I can say for children and people in general. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and wish you many blessings in the New Year.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 12-21-2006, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Hi Arch,
Thanks for your kind words. You are right, the thought of turning to something to ease the pain never goes away, but for me the memories of how short the high is and how bad the crash is always stops me. I had some very tramatic stuff happen to me when I was a teenager and it took years to heal emotionally, but I have found a lot of comfort in my faith and in my pets. Pets are so great; they love you unconditionally and are always happy to see you. That is a lot more than I can say for children and people in general. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and wish you many blessings in the New Year.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita
Thank you very much Rita,

I have to agree with you about the pet thing as I don't have any kids and, I'm also single at the time. I happen to have a 3 year oldToy Pomeranian who's name is "Peanut". Hmmmm, I wonder what hapened to my picture???I see Rita's is still there.

WhenI hadone year clean and sober, my dad actually went out and found a local breeder who had some for sale. They were 9 weeks old andthis one was the runt of the litter. (full grown she weighs 4 lbs)We had talked about our oldpets a fewweeks prior to that and I told him how I thought having a small dog to keep me company in my Condo would probably be very theraputic for me, especially since I was on disabilty and spent quite a bit of time at home by myself. So, he decided thatsince I workedso hard at staying sober for a year, he was going to buy me a purebred Pom. (I told himthey were my favorite of all the small dogs)

When he got sick with cancer,......it all the little things he didlike that, that made me insist on him moving in with me so that I could take care of him. Peanut was right there with me as he passed away, and it was strange how she got real quite and slept a lot for several days afterwards. It was almost like she knew he was gone. Anyway, she's been a complete godsend through out this whole ordeal, and I can honestly say that she's helped me to get through it.

Well, thank you again for the friendly post's.......it's alway nice to talk to people who've been through similar experiences.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM

Oh, what abeautiful dog! My first dog was also the runt of the litter and I said the first time I laid eyes on her, "Jeepers! What a cute little dog!" And so from that point on, that became her name - Jeepers! (This picture is when she was 8 weeks old. And don't worry, she never spent a night in that cage - she was right in bed with me from day 1.)
I would be lost without my pets; I mean, I just can't imagine life without these sweet creatures. They are truly a blessing for me and my husband and I am so glad to hear you have Peanut.. I am quite sure Peanut knew exactly when your Dad passed. It has been my experience that domesticated animals, especially dogs and cats,are very intuitive and they understand death. Even though you are a guy, she thinks of you asher mother and that is just great!

Well, a lot of the people in the C5 Forum are crazy about their pets and we have lots ofpictures posted, so you and Peanutfit right in. Hope you both enjoy the Holidays.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

[IMG]local://upfiles/2390/931E671384434D36B5D99BC9F781967D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 AM

Oh how cute is that? She's justadorable Rita!! Yeah,I did got her at such a young age, I'm sure she does think of me as her mother, although she's actually "Daddy's little girl". You should see how excited she gets if I say the words: "you wanna go bye-bye with daddy"? Oh my gosh, she goes absolutely crazy and starts spinning around in a circle really fast.

I have this little petcar-seat for herthat sits over the top of my passenger seat. She always wants to ride on daddy's shoulder but that's just too unsafe, so I attach her harness to the littleseat and she just sits up there with a big 'ol smile on her face. I'll have to see if I can dig up a few pictures of her when she was a puppy. I have a couple of her wearing a little black harley t-shirt that are so cute. Maybe tomorrow!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Str8upChevy

Oh how cute is that? She's justadorable Rita!! Yeah,I did got her at such a young age, I'm sure she does think of me as her mother, although she's actually "Daddy's little girl". You should see how excited she gets if I say the words: "you wanna go bye-bye with daddy"? Oh my gosh, she goes absolutely crazy and starts spinning around in a circle really fast.

I have this little petcar-seat for herthat sits over the top of my passenger seat. She always wants to ride on daddy's shoulder but that's just too unsafe, so I attach her harness to the littleseat and she just sits up there with a big 'ol smile on her face. I'll have to see if I can dig up a few pictures of her when she was a puppy. I have a couple of her wearing a little black harley t-shirt that are so cute. Maybe tomorrow!
Hi Arch,
Oh, I can totally relate to this post. My 3 dogs all have their own seat belt, otherwise they would do a Kama Kazi out the window- and yes, there are key phrasesand words they know and love. They are justso smart! Can't wait to see more pics - Under "OFF TOPIC" if you check out the thread on"scarylittle monsters, you'll see everyone's pet pics. It is sure to leave you smiling.