Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Memory function and mirror problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Default Memory function and mirror problem

I'm waiting on delivery of a Service Manual for my 2001 Vette. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out why I have this problem. I can focus the outside mirrors with the switches OK and move the seat and steering wheel and hit the memory button and.......everything moves to where I want it except for the passenger side door mirror. I can see it move, but it doesn't end up back to where I had set it. Seems to have a mind of it's own........Anybody had this problem??

Old 12-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Default RE: Memory function and mirror problem

Does the Passenger side mirror normally move freely?
Maybe it's sticking, and not moving freely when using the memory mode.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:55 PM

I believe it is not sticking, but not sure. It appears to adjust up/down, left/right with the buttons to get it where you want it. Then, say I program (mem1) and my wife is (mem2), if I punch mem2 for her positions, and then punch mem1 to return to mine, the seat, wheel and drivers mirror return to my specs, but the right side mirror does not. (it moves, but not back to my setting)
This weekend, I'll have the wife work the buttons, while I stand outside next to it and see and hear if it moves "funny" or makes any strange noises. Can't get to it till then.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM

I have not had this problem but a lot of people have had strange problems due to bad electrical grounds. Here is a thread that talks about it: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...875&page=1

Old 12-31-2006, 02:24 PM

Well, it appears that I have described the problem incorrectly. In posts above, I have indicated that the right side mirror "moved" when I hit the memory button to get my seat/mirrors/steering wheel set for my positions.......It does NOT MOVE.
If I get in the car and the seat, mirrors, etc. are in position for my wifes needs, and I hit the button for my settings, everything moves correctly but the right mirror just stays where it was after my wife set it for herself. If I move it to suit my needs, and she gets back in and hits her memory button......Same deal, she will get seat, wheel, and drivers mirror to go where she wants it, but right side mirror stays put.
Conclusion is memory switches are NOT moving right side mirror at all.