Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Red Letters on Winshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Red Letters on Winshield

my2kvet...i wish that beautiful black vette sat in my garage because then it would eliminate me having to hook up mine!! anyway...i'm game for the vineyards @ 150 as soon as my car is out of the shop (lady decided to go before the light turned green). in fact, i brought my C5 to a shop in clovis that came highly recommended to work on vettes. the name of the shop is Fortney Auto Body and they were recomended by Corvette Fever magazine. I just hope my car is done before next weekend for my trip down to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia...

Old 06-02-2007, 11:46 AM

Hey pecemkr, what is on your front fenders? Some kind of red badge or is that just a reflection?
I think he's speaking of what appears to be some sort of emblem just above the gills on the front fenders. Is it a Z06 emblem?
Oh, I see what you're talking about now!
That lettering was put there by my mechanic who has made all the mods to my car. He owns Corvette Specialty of California Racing hence the letters CSOC Racing on the side gills. Sorry about the confusion

Name:  vette637.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Thanks Dan....you know, pewter is a tricky color to match because it's not Silver and it's not Gray....I prefer having the windshield decal match either the color of the body of the caror match the color of other accent pieces you may already have on your car.....the Corvette America catalog has six colors available. These are: Gold, Light Oak, Red, Silver, White, and Yellow. But I'm not crazy about the font style they offer for the letters. The Ecklers catalog has Red, Silver, Yellow, White, and Black. I like their font style the best.I think (just my opinion) that since the area where you are going to put this is the dark area towards the top of the winshield, and given the fact that the letters aren't available in Pewter color, I would go with Red because if you try Silver it's not going to match the Pewter (although it's close) but I just don't think Silver would look right for your car. But that's just my opinion. Hope this helps

Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Thanks my2kvet!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Hey Pedro,
I like your newlook - very HOT! I especially like the font they used . . . the letters even look fast.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ
Thanks Rita.....when is the next car show in San Diego?

Old 06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Any up to date sign company that does vinyl lettering could make these type of letters. They can be cut from any color and in any font you would like. They are cut on a plotter much like any plotter usedwith CAD. The plotters just have a roller knife instead of a pen. I looked into getting the kit for one of my plotters so I could make painting masks for custom paint jobs on boats.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Pecemkr

Hey Pedro,
I like your newlook - very HOT! I especially like the font they used . . . the letters even look fast.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ
Thanks Rita.....when is the next car show in San Diego?
Hi Pedro,
Sorry, I haven't been around much. Lately, my schedulehas beenreal crazy, but to answer your ? the next vette show will be at the Del Mar Fair on 6/13 & 14. I will look up the exact dates and get back to you. Think you can make it down? I can take some time off and get there, so let me know.

Take care. Stay safe.
Rita

Old 06-08-2007, 04:00 PM

the next vette show will be at the Del Mar Fair on 6/13 & 14.
Are you sure Rita.....those dates fall on a wednesday and thursday?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM

>>>Are you sure Rita.....those dates fall on a wednesday and thursday? <<<

Actually, it is the 10 and the 13, and yes, it is in the middle of the week.I am going to try to do something in the afternoon one of those days. Here is the link:

http://www.sdfair.com/fair/index.php...ents.car_shows

Traffic can get pretty bad going there, but might be worth it.

Hey, did you get my email re: Rich? He is hanging on and showing positive signs - Praise the Lord.
Talk to you later.
RJ