Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

so guys ummmm wow...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Default so guys ummmm wow...

its actually kinda slow around here... so ill start asking some questions see if i can get some post rolling...

any one from the arkansas area? little rock in particular...

and i need some help getting my vette straightened out... yeah yeah yeah i know i know i just got it, but it does have some problems...

first off there is chip on the fender... and one on the corner of the bumper i would like to get fixed... can a paint shops just touch them up? the one ont he bumper is about 3x4 the other is just a simple chip... umm i need the lil cubby hole filler for the area under the a/c... and i need a visor clamp cuase the diver side one wont hold the visor... any hints on where to get them?

then we get more into the serious ones... like ok ok ok i know i know i know... it has had a battery leak in it... i didnt know it till i bought it and even if i did know it i didnt know it was as much of a problem as some of yall make it out to be... i was thinking about changing the pos and neg wires so i dont have some issues with them later on... any thing else?....

and the ahhhmmm tranny... shes got the wonderful throw it out of reverse syndrome and sometimes first (usually after being in reverse)... im pretty sure this is caused by synchros... im wondering what i need to do to fix these... is it even possible to do it your self? i mean my dad works on heavy equipment for the county... and im no clutz in the shop, but transmissions scare me for some reason...

-me

Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Default RE: so guys ummmm wow...

A paint shop should be able to do a touch-up for you, but it won't look as good as if you were to paint the entire body panel. As for the couple of parts you need you might want to try GMPartsDirect.com. They should have just about any part you are looking for at a great price.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:34 PM

man this place is lively.... geez i can barely keep up

-me

Old 04-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, a good body shop can fix those things and you never tell they have been done. You can find a lot of parts through Ecklers, Ecklers. [8D]