Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Don't have it yet...but very exited!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Default Don't have it yet...but very exited!

Hello to everybody! I'll start by being honest in saying I don't have a Vette yet, but if all goes well next year I will be in one. I never really liked Corvettes until I rode in a C5 that my buddy owned a couple of years ago. He took me for a ride and drove it like it was meant to be driven, and I was completly astonished. He traded it in on a 2006 Coupe last winter, and I took that one for a spin a couple of weeks ago. Even better. I came to the conclusion that I'm only going to live once, and must have one for myself.

I will be going after one in the late spring of 07' I think (if all goes as planned). I have decided on an Arctic White Coupe, 6 speed, no HUD, nothing fancy. Just enough to give my adrenaline a good boost on back roads on summer evenings, as well as turn some of my friends faces white in the process while they're in the passenger seal lol!

Since I have already decided on color, options, etc. I was wondering if any of you could give me any info on GMAC (never dealt with them) and their programs. I don't want to lease, but I am curious about their smart buy program (have any of you done this?).

I can easily afford this vehicle, however it will be the largest "fun" purchase I will have ever made, so I just want to make sure I don't slight myself right off the bat. I expect to pay full sticker, but do some dealers go over msrp (like Dodge dealers do with Vipers, Prowlers)?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may give me. It's just so cool to know I will have one of these cars in the near future!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Default RE: Don't have it yet...but very exited!

First off welcome to the site. I have never personally financed anything with GMAC, but 3 of the Finance Managers at my dealership worked at Chevy stores before coming over to Toyota, so if I can remember I will be sure to ask about that Smart Buy Program for you when I get to work tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 AM

First, above all else the dealer will make it easy (no hassles, quick) not necessarily cheap, to finance the car through them. They may not use GMAC (many dealers do not, but instead shop their loan business around to bnaks such as Chase and Citibank).

Second, only the ZO6 has any higher-than-list price hikes. I have seen and would expect some modest discounts below list on C6s by the time you buy. Shop around.

Good luck.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:22 AM

I know the feeling. I hope to have mine soon (read: this year). Just a correction though - I believe the HUD is standard.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! I'ts good to hear that the dealers are letting them go a little below list. There's nothing I hate more than haggling with salesmen, since I am a salesman myself. As far as the HUD, my buddie's 2006 doesn't have it. I don't want it. And I really hope they don't make it standard on the 07's. There's just something about it I don't like. Just can't wait for all the fun I will be having for the cost of a couple of Bobcats!

Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Well how bout an almost congratulations than on your almost new purchase. I hope it's all you dreamed about, and you enjoy it for many years to come. I also hope you DO NOT have some of the problems that we all have heard about here in the forum, there was some real horror stories.
I have financed through GMAC many years ago, but have not dealt with the smart buy program. At that time GMAC matched the interest rates of anyone else, and I never had a problem.
Since you plan on buying late spring '07 you have plenty of time to do your homework on it. Search and browse this forum, and re-search the internet, in other words learn all you can about it now, it will only benefit you when you buy it.
so
welcome to the Forum, stick around ask questions, and when you get it be sure to post some pics. we all love pics!

Old 10-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF!
I agree on the HUD. It just seems to not quite "Do It"! Can't really put my finger on it.
Post some pics when the time comes, I'd,....we'd love to see them.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:22 AM

I talked to one of my Finance Managers today and he said that the GMAC Smart Buy Program is nothing more than a lease were the banks name doesn't go on the title, and at the end of the lease you can choose to buy the car and keep the same payments. Aside from that it carries all the same rules and stipulations of a traditional lease.