Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

MASS AIR FLOW

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Default MASS AIR FLOW

I installed a granetelli mass air flow with a black wing cold air system, I have the engine light on and can not use the competitive driving mode I replaced the stock sensor and the engine light is out and I can use the competitive driving mode that was until I got the message to service traction control and the engine light is back on. HELP

I have made plans for LG headers and cats into a 3 X-pie into borla stinger mufflers, However I need the help of a tuner to set this car up right I'm locatedin Newport RI any recommendations will help.
Thanks
Paul

Old 09-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Default RE: MASS AIR FLOW

This happened to me. If you cut or re-connected any wires to the throttle or MAF, particularly the ones that connect on the passenger's side of the drive by wire throttle body, check them carefully. If the connections/solder joints as less than perfect, then you will get an error code and the car might go into limp mode if the connection is really bad. More likely it will just give traction or stabilitity control error messages.

If this happens, be wary of any dealer or mechanic that says the throttle pedal assemblyu (with its electronic dirve by wire module) has to be replaced -- it doesn't -- you have a probem with the throttle wires