Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Okay, so who knows how to operate the nav system while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Default Okay, so who knows how to operate the nav system while driving?

I can't find any documentation anywhere that shows who manufactures the Navigation system that comes with the C6 Vette. Does anyone know the manufacturer, or the trick you can use so that the nav works while driving?

Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Okay, so who knows how to operate the nav system while driving?

I have an 05 with the nav system. I'm the second owner so I had to change the home address in mine and it isn't easy. If you have the book that goes with the system you can find answers in it. You have to enter your home address (part of the set up process). Then to use the thing you have to type in your destination. You don't want to be doing all this while you are driving. Once I finally got my home address in the system I can now turn my nav on and it will show me the street I'm on by name (arrow on map represents the car), the direction Im headed etc. As you drive to a location you have entered in the system you will get verbal direction also. Gota read the direction....

Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 AM

I find the Nav to be fairly detailed and complex compared to the easier workflow of say my Garmin Nuvi 660. I have been able to make changes "on the fly" while driving but I hardly recommend that for personal safety reason. Even though I have RTFM'd the subject enough, I still feel that there remains guite a bit to know. Overall, I give the product two thumbs up.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:14 PM

OK, so here goes. I have been "noodling" around with it more now and I have to agree - it is not the easiest. You can operate it while drive but ONLY to pick an existing destination or to stop guidance. You can lso do some ****ly things like change from 2D to 3D (I think). I am very disappointed that my garmin Nuvi 660 has more up-to-date maps than this disk. I intend to speak to GM about that as we went to some acquantance's house for dinner last night and their street was not even on the disk. It was a good thing Bonnie (SHWIMBO) knew the cross street.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:53 AM

I'm pretty good at using the features that are available while you're moving ... I'm really interested in knowing how to use ALL the functions while moving. Most Nav systems have a hack that overrides the "in motion" security stuff. Our IT guy was able to override the Nav in a Range Rover so I gotta think there's a way for GM navs.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Any good hackers out there? I am sure that there is more functionality not being "allowed".