Should i wait?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Default Should i wait?

Hi all. New member here and i've been thinking for a little while now about getting a z06. I'm trying to get stationed back in germany in a year and think it would be a great car to take over there with me. I just test drove a z06 over the weekend and was HIGHLY impressed. The car scared the **** out of me but i know it's just because i'm not used to it. Anyways, i'm wanting to get one soon but like most people would like to save money where i can (while still getting a quality car of course). Right now i'm seeing a few good looking ones on cars.com for around the $53-55k range and even a few priced down to $48k (but they are in silver and i hate that color). My questions are when is the new ZR1coming out andwith the new ZR1 coming out does anyone think that these prices will drop and how much? If the ZR1 will drop the price of a used z06 i will probably just wait for that to happen and jump on it then. Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Should i wait?

I think the ZR1 is out now, although it will take time for them to trickle in. I saw a posting on another forum where someone saw one being test driven after delivery at a dealership.

Regardless, word has been out long enough that any effect has been anticipated but the market. Also realize that the two cars play in totally different marketsm the ZR1 is going for $110 or so with typical options and has not discount, sometimes a "market adjustment price hike by dealers, whereas after a good deal of time on the market, new ZO6s can be had for about $40K or more less.

You will enjoy the car in Germany, except,think about what gas costs over there.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Should i wait?

That's what i was afraid of hearing lol. I guess i'm just going to have to suck it up and shell out more money than i intended. Yeah the car will be a lot of fun over in germany. I had my SRT4 over there when i was stationed there before and got it up to 160 mph but the Z06 will be WAY more fun! As far as gas it won't really cost as much as it does over here. On base over there gas costs about the same (maybe a little less) as it does over here.