What bolt on mods will get me into the 10's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Default RE: What bolt on mods will get me into the 10's?

Going back to the track on Friday... we will see what happens. I have now added a ported TB and Ported Intake. The car has been dyno tuned again and I am waiting for my new rims to come in so I can put my DR's on.

I am looking for 1.6's and high 10's @ ~129.

We will see what happens

Old 09-08-2007, 07:51 AM

What altitude are you running at? Your car does seem to be missing a little mph. Areyou shifting into 4th before the traps? I haven't tracked my Z yet but I've heard you have to hit 4th before the traps? Also, you can't expect a lot of mph when it's almost 100deg out. Coming from a FI car that suffered dramatically from this I didn't think the Z would be effected that much but it is. Good luck with your runs and keep us posted.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Some drag radials and a lower rear gear would do the trick.. these things are geared wayyy to high.. 60mph in first? thats wayyy to high for 1st gear..

how about some 4.10s hehe

Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

If you've owned 11 f-bodies and dragged raced for years, thenyou know very well how much HP it will take to get the car into the tens.The least expensive way to get there would be to add NOS: withlarger injectors and a 150+ dry kit, and good re-programming, and good rear tires, you'd get there. Remember that NOS has a slightly cooler/less impacting burn than normal air/gas and thus this method will provide the lowest stress on your stock (and marginal) lower end.
I'd install headers: a cheap way to get a bit more power.
Then, a supercharger would do the trick. Even with your high compression, you can run enough boost to put the car into the high tens, I'd think. Magnusen units won't do (they won't blow enough air for a 427 without overreving them): if you want a roots/screw type you'd have to go with a Kenny Bell unit (about $10K plus you have to find a really big-bulge hood.. I'd recommend a Procharger D1SC (one size up from the standard 'vette P model, or the Vortech equivalent, and would not recommend the F (another size up -- harder to fit).
As to drag radials. You can check around but I would think a set of 345s would fit in the wheel wells. I run 345x18 BFGs drag radials all the time -- street and track.
Do realize that Lingenfelter has a point in their recommendation: they like to rebuilt the lower end when they add that much power for durability. With either of these mods, you will be right at the limit of what you can expect to last reasonably long (if you don't abuse it), and you won't be able to push to the lowertens without a built bottom end.
I'd also ask Lingenfelter what they do to reinforce the rear end on C6s: they are3 a notorious weak spot on really powerful modded vettes, and an aggresive launch at 600RWHP can rip them apart.

I run a P1SC on a mustang GT @ 10psi... a D1SC is over kill since your going to run at max 8psi on pump gas with a LS7