Corvette Forums Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Corvette Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CF? Tell us here.

electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Default electrical problems

I just got a 1989 convertible corvette from my sister. The car runs great, but there are a few problems. The car sat at her house for two years, because that’s how long the divorce took.
The first thing I noticed is that when I turned on the radio, there was no sound from the speakers. The radio antenna does come up; it is obvious the radio is on, but no sound.
The other problem is that horn is not working.
The other thing I noticed is that when I open the door a message on the dash says “security” and when I close the door the message goes away. My sister told me that the car has a security system and if you did not open the door with the key the alarm would go off and the horn would sound, none of which has happened since I have had the car.
The last problem is that heater. The fan comes on when you set it to heat, but no heat just cold air, no matter what temp you set the eater to.
I have checked the fusses and they appear to be good. I did replace the battery.
I would like to know if there is any connection between these problems, or are they separate issues. What is the best way to resolve these problems?
Can any one help?

Fernando.
Independence, MO