General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

C6 Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Default C6 Won't Start

Wierdest thing happend to my 2005 C6 Auto today. I had it at the dyno shop, had read the on board computer and ran it up twice, to 2500 and then 5200 (126mph) to see what work needed done. The tech shut off the car to review data/decide on what tuning was needed. That done, he went to start up the car to do his thing and....NOTHING. Car wouldn't start. Push the start button and all elec to the dash shut down. Everything but the underhood light, which illuminated like a champ. I reset the driver info center (alt/reset) and everything lit up and ran through the diagnostic looking good. Then errors for fuel system, fuel level and ride control chimed off. Cycle repeated over and over. Sometimes open door chimes worked sometimes not. Checked battery connections, cables and battery. Tried new battery, just in case but no fix there. Had it towed to the Chevy dealer for them to sort out. Anyone ever seen anything funky like this on a C5 or C6 before? Up until then, I had 426 HP (at the flywheel) with alot more on the way. Bummer!! Appreciate any help anyone can give...

UPDATE: ECM was fried. Workswell now with new ECM installed...

Old 12-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: C6 Won't Start

Guess #1 is failureof the remote control door lock receiver, that controls ignition operation on the C6 (one of the few tings I do not like on the C6, give me an old fashioned key)
Guess #2 is that the ECM, or something else on the data line did not like talking to the equipment that was used at the dyno shop, and bit the dust. Was the ECM programmed at the dyno shop? It is possible that they toasted it for you, but sometimes things just happen after programming.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Good thoughts Tacky. Keyless entry is a weak link for sure. The dyno shop hadn't progammed anything, just read the ECM and mapped some trial runs to see what programming they wanted to do. I was with the guy watching the process so don't think he fried the ECM. However, ya never know...

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 PM

UPDATE: The ECM was fried. Works fine now that new ECM installed...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 PM

how much did the ECM cost you because my car is doing a simular thing only i hadn't run it or anything i just went to turn on the car and the only thing i heard was a "clack" and thats it it wouldn't even try to start the car i thought it was the battery so i went and got it checked and they told me the battery was fine so. my dad said it can be the starter which can be going bad but with all the eletronical stuff on this car god knows any thoughts