General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

convertable glass window

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Default convertable glass window

Help! please...My wife's 94 black convertable has a top problem. The other day I drove the car and parked it in the HOT Florida sun. Afew hours later I noticed the problem! The rear glass window was slowly becoming unglued from the fabric top. Like the tape that was holding the window in was letting go. I called some of the corvette suppliers for a replacement tape and was told that none was available. I called the local top shop (recomened by my corvette repair place) and was told that they had seen this problem and the only way of repairing this was to replace the entire top....Does any one have the solution to this problem other then relacement of the top. Thanks 76 yellowbrd

Old 06-23-2007, 05:11 PM
cwb
Default RE: convertable glass window

ORIGINAL: 76yellowbrd

Help! please...My wife's 94 black convertable has a top problem. The other day I drove the car and parked it in the HOT Florida sun. Afew hours later I noticed the problem! The rear glass window was slowly becoming unglued from the fabric top. Like the tape that was holding the window in was letting go. I called some of the corvette suppliers for a replacement tape and was told that none was available. I called the local top shop (recomened by my corvette repair place) and was told that they had seen this problem and the only way of repairing this was to replace the entire top....Does any one have the solution to this problem other then relacement of the top. Thanks 76 yellowbrd
Silicone.

You can get clear silicone at the local DIY store. I put my glass in my jeep soft top with it. It keeps total pliability to not stress the ragtop fabric, is resistant to UV a, b, c, and seals perfectly.