General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Detailed Engine Data

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Default Detailed Engine Data

It is rather a high price unless you have an in (member, officers of, etc.) of Society of Automotive Engineers, but this web site provides the detailed specs on all GM engines and the certification of their HP ratings. Search the list and you find the '08 'vettes and other engines, etc.

http://www.sae.org/technical/standar...und_vehicle/SI

The data is quite useful if you are into re-engineering, not just hot-rodding, these engines.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
pg
Default RE: Detailed Engine Data

Thanks for the information Lee, I'm sure many will find it very helpfull. For me, I'm just a truck driver that ownes a Vette. I've kept my car stock because I don't have a clue, and I figure that if GM made it that way and sold it with a warranty, that it must be dependable enough. I would not try to reengineer my car, I have enough trouble trying to get the factory stuff to work correctly. Case in point- I installed a power steering control valve just a few weeks ago, now the steering wheel is pointed to the right about 2 inches, if I center the wheel the car pulls to the left. I went for an alignment at Goodyear they said the valve is bad. I have about 1/8 inch left and right on the new control valve, 1/4 total. So then I called VBP, they said that's the way the part works, so then I called Corvettes Etc. in Charlotte, he told me to try his alignment shop, I'll be there tomorrow. Thanks for your posts and all the info in the past. PG