General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Drivers mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Default Drivers mirror replacement

My wife smacked the drivers side mirror backing out of the garage, the glass did not break but it broke/sheared the SEVEN! connecting pins/clipsconnecting the back of the mirror. I obtained the new motor from the dealer ($180) and was wondering how the heck I can line up all the pins with out breaking any of the confounded things. Has anyone done this? I'll have to shoot myself If I break any of these buggers as I'll have to buy the whole motor again. Thanks Scott
BTW it's A 2002 C5

Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Drivers mirror replacement

Can't help you with the mirror but your post reminded me of when I was a kid and my Mom was learning how to drive.
My Dad had a beautiful White '59 impala with a 327 4spd. He decided to let her back it out but........just like the dang cartoons..... she put it in first instead or reverse and went right through the back wall into the back yard. Us kids laughed are butts off but my Dad was beside himself. Mom wascrying and giggling at the same time.

Sorry for the long un-helpful dribble but I just had to share. Hope you get it back togather and go easy on your wife, not as bad as it could be. Cheers

Old 04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: Drivers mirror replacement

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Can't help you with the mirror but your post reminded me of when I was a kid and my Mom was learning how to drive.
My Dad had a beautiful White '59 impala with a 327 4spd. He decided to let her back it out but........just like the dang cartoons..... she put it in first instead or reverse and went right through the back wall into the back yard. Us kids laughed are butts off but my Dad was beside himself. Mom wascrying and giggling at the same time.

Sorry for the long un-helpful dribble but I just had to share. Hope you get it back togather and go easy on your wife, not as bad as it could be. Cheers
LMAO!!! Sounds like my mom. She can't drive for nothing.