General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Found problem why blinkers were not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Default Found problem why blinkers were not working

Hey Guys,

I had a problem with my blinkers, occasionally they simply would not work. I would hit the emergency flashers and go back to the blinkers and the blinker would work again. I figured that out in a bind when I had a cop behind me.

I told a friend of mine who has a 01 C 5 and he told me he had the same problem and the fix he found so I want to share in case anyone is having the problem.

Under the floorboards in the passinger seat are the fuses. I guess he had his son is the car one time when they weren't working and he figured out his sons feet on the floorboards was making the blinkers work again. He took out the big fuses at the top of the fuse panel and found them a little corroded, cleaned and put them back in and everything works fine. I did the same, mine didnt look corroded but I cleaned them anyway and now don't have the problem. It also seemed to co-exist with my washing my car. I think somehow moisture gets to that area, which is not good. I cleaned up all my channels to drain water and so far can wash the car with no problem. Let me know if anyone else finds this helpful!

Bobalou

Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Default RE: Found problem why blinkers were not working

Great news Bob. Hope you didn't get a fine. Thanks for the update bro.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

Great news Bob. Hope you didn't get a fine. Thanks for the update bro.
No Johnathan I don't think they noticed yet. I hit the flashers just to try anything before they did notice me not using my blinkers, as they were coming up behind me, and after Itryed the flashersthe blinkers worked again. I thought I may have seen where someone onthe forumhad a ramdon blinker problem like mine but couldn't remember where or find it so I just thought I would posta new thread. I thought it was pretty funny how my friend Mike found the source of the problem, his 10 year old pressing on the floorboards with his feet. Do you think maybe he was getting on it a little and the kid was bracing himself??? haha.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm having the same problem in my 86 C-4