General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SLOW Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Default SLOW Blinkers

[]One day I pulled off realfast and instead of my tires spinning, those puppies gripped and I took off! I heard a weird squeal sound and my Service Engine Lamp came on. I pulled over and shut er down. after walking around a checking to see if their were any damage, I restarted my 86 C4 and headed home. My blinkers did'nt want to work at all. After about 10 minutes they started to work very slowly. The next day they were still operating slowly. I replaced the blinker relay behind thedash and they work better, but still seems alittle sluggish. Also I re-converted my system to R-134a. The prior owner did'nt do it properly. They left all the seals original. Corvettes run at a high pressure because of the high performance eingine. I was thinking about removing the smog pump. Its makes a slight funny noise every once in a while.[X(]

Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
cwb
Default RE: SLOW Blinkers

ORIGINAL: m.martince

I replaced the blinker relay behind thedash and they work better, but still seems alittle sluggish.
What made you think the flasher relay was faulty? Hopin' for a little 'plug n pray', huh? [sm=pcwhack.gif]

So they work better, but still a little sluggish?[sm=smiley25.gif]That means that the new flasher is better, but still in need of improvement. Take it back, and get another. If another works one works better, but still with sluggish flashers, then we can start drawin' conclusions (the originalrelay was good).

Keep us posted here...

Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 PM

I think I'd start checking the alternator for slipping belt and rough bearings, the squealing may have been the belt not keeping up with the high RPM and now possibly the alternator isn't putting out the proper voltage.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 AM

The alternator is only about 1 month old.[X(]

Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

The blinkers on my '87 were slow and shortly after they became slow The car would not start after warming up. After investigateing I found the ground terminal on the stupid side mount battery had become slightly loose and carroded in side the threads. After cleaning it with baking soda and toothpaste and retightening it there is no problem to date and the blinkers work fine.