General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

NCRS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Default NCRS

Anybody ever have dealings or a membership with National Corvette Restorers Society? Good or bad experience? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I heard about it through my dad who has had a 62 and a 71 454 vette. He gave me a bunch of patches from years ago.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Default RE: NCRS

have been NCRS member since 1986 , It is an organuization of Corvette purists........meaning replace everthing with corect GM part or find an old original at a swap meet .................I am a hot rodder my 1966 big/block. looks stock except, has Crager SS wheels ,radial tires,Endlebrock aluminum cylinder heads, MSD ignition , roller rockers & more ocasionally run the 1/4 mile, all of which the NCRS guy frown upon, its sort of like waxum waxum waxum & clean small stones out of treads this is not for me.................however , the magazine is great & members have parts & corvettes for sale listed ithe NCRS publication.................when i go yto a car oldies show & shine i want to see all cars..........the NCRS, only let Corvettes play with them ..eeeek......example of a purist will but new shocks & then paint them so they are original color & put the original type stickers. to camoflage them........ my friend (nice guy ) paid 100- bucks to get an original/ used & 1962 correct themostat housing for his 1962.............can get new one for 12 bucks , I belong for the magazine that also has good tech articles.......the Dog, a black sheep member

Old 03-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Default RE: NCRS

Thank you. I was asking because I am not a purist. I don't put junk on my car but I would not object to some mods and I guess what you are saying is that most of the NCRS members frown on mods. My dad was a purist but he had special cars and mine is an 85 C4 which is not that special. I want to join but it would probably be for the same reason as you, the magazine. I'm gonna ask my dad too to find out what he thinks about the NCRS. He's not a member anymore nor does he own his vettes.