General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

no heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Default no heat

i have hot water thru the heater hoses, but no hot air in the interior....my heat/cool control has a slide left to right cool to heat and buttons to determine the distribution.. is the slide a cable connection or vaccum control is there a water control valve? HELP it's cold in atlanta

Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: no heat

Follow the coolent lines out of the fire wall and see if the valve operates when you turn on the heat. It is most likely the blend door. My '87 has a blend door problem and I finally figured out how to ge it to work. I just make a quick turn and the heat comes on, LOL! Mech259 will be along shortly and he will have the right answer. Hang in there and wear some warm clothes. Good luck with it. Cheers

Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Default RE: no heat

...shark,
IHAD to comment on the "quick turn" to turn the heat on in your car. Yes! LOL for sure...Expecting a reply on a serious note, you really caught me off guard. Us "car guys" come up with and end upin the damnedist vehicle remedies and situations... I had a '64 VW Bug in high school w/ a rotted front passenger side floor just behind the front wheel. (from the tire kicking up salt in the winter.) Driving aroundin the rain would cause thepassenger floor to fill with water. After a rainy night of beer drinking ie; after a hockey game, in the morning on the way to school when I would top a hill and start going down hill, the water would rush forward from the rearand the person riding shotgun would be ankle-deep in water and floating beer bottles and cans, unless they were hip to my ride. A great car for picking up unsuspecting snobby girls, which happened a number of times. Although, I'd always offer to drive them home for a quick change of shoes, socks and pants.I WAS known as a very considerate young man. LOL.

!!!LONG LIVE THE INFAMOUS ENDEAVORS OF THE AUTO ENTHUSIAST !!!