General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Port and Polish

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Port and Polish

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

The more I think about your 3-spd and OD, Starship, the more I like the idea of putting that in your 'vette. It would really be something different, and very cool.

I realize it is not a stock type of thing to do to your car, but then, neither is a 400 HP 454 torque-monster of an engine, either. I recall the cachet that O.D. cars had when I was young - everyone understood that they were not quarter-milers, like the 4-spd cars, but they could cruise at high speed with low revs and you imagined them flashing across west Texas (I lived in Texas then) at 100+ mph with the engine barely turning, leaving eerything in their wake. And they could.
I totally agree, Lee. I LOVE watching cars like that... barely turnin' over yet really haulin' the mail. When you got tons of power, even with running such low RPM's, they really are amazing like that. I could totally picture your post here in my mind.... too cool.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

I think that's a great idea, too. The perfect way to achieve a real good balance with your car, bro. And not to mention, with that 454 in there, she's gonna pull like a skeered rabbit anyways. I really do love the O/D in our car.... it smoooooothly shifts into O/D on the highway and it feels like it can accelerate forever with LOT'S of pull. I can't even imagine that feeling sittin' behind a wicked 454... dude, you're buildin' the bomb there. [8D]
Ya Scotty,
An if you drop the hammer, it downshifts for ya and..........you're...............g...o.....n......e......

(that settles it,........ the 3 sp w/OD is goin' in [sm=icon_rock.gif]!!!)

Old 09-19-2006, 02:04 PM

GREAT NEWS, DAVE! I think you will really enjoy your decision in the long run. Perfect way to achieve perfect balance in my books! Rock on, dude!