New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Loving the car, hating the problems!!

Old 07-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Default Loving the car, hating the problems!!

I have an '87 Vette. I has been running well and all was ok until the power antenna decided to stop working (no longer goes up when car is on.) I decided that I would be a mechanic and replace it myself!! This is turning out to be a BAD IDEA!!! The problems have been mounting since I decided to fix the antenna, now the car has absolutely NO power. New battery, and when I connect the battery to the car, NOTHING happens, and when I say nothing I mean nothing! All the fuses are ok, I checked the fuseable links and from what I can tell (pull test and visual inspection) they are ok as well, but the car has no power at all. Not sure what to do, or where to go from here! Had I known this would be such a problem, I would have installed a fixed mast antenna, and went on with my life!! Any help at all would be appreciated! As I stated in the intro, love the car, but the problems are starting to outweigh the fun!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:16 AM

We are in opti-spark Hell and feel your pain.

My husband also got the idea of installing a new antenna since ours was stuck up. He said it was a bear to remove. He finally just got the old one down and left it that way.

But the opti-spark, that is a new type of torture we haven't experienced before. Car ran like a top until after a bad rain storm. We replaced everything from water pump to battery and the darn opti-spark. Still dead as a door nail. It's a 1994. sigh....